7

i would pay ruby rose a million dollars to shove a cactus up my ass real talk

November 6, 2015

So, I'm 19 today. It was my mission to keep it on the down low. I wasn't a huge celebrator of my birthday and never had been. I don't know why, but I just want it to be like any other normal day.

But today was anything but normal...

"Beck, Calum and I are going to the beach, you wanna come?" I heard Olivia's voice from across the room.

I shot up from my bed, "Will I be third wheeled?" Seems like I'm always the third wheel when it comes to hanging out with Olivia and Calum.

"No, I promise!" She assured me.

Eh, what the hell?

I quickly changed into my black bathing suit; I'm boring sue me. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed a towel from the bathroom.

Tossing on a summer dress and a pair of sandals, I was ready to go. I sat my sunglasses on the tip of my nose, and Olivia and I left the building like Elvis.

Okay, yeah, that joke was stupid.

After taking a small detour to pick up Calum, we finally made it to the beach about twenty minutes away from campus by car.

I've always liked the beach; as opposed to contrary belief considering my skin in paler than whiteout. Hey, I work with what I got.

I spread my towel across the sand once we agreed on a spot and slipped off my dress.

I laid down to tan when I heard Olivia and Calum mention something about going into the water. I shot up, "From what I recall, you said that I wouldn't be the third wheel."

Olivia looked back at me with a smirk, "And I promised you wouldn't be." She winked before taking Calum's hand and dragging him down to the shore's edge.

I groaned and slumped back down onto my scratchy towel.

How did I fall for that bullshit?

x.x.x

Some time passed, and I was seriously considering leaving because all I listened to was the disgusting sounds of a certain pair violently making out.

It wasn't until a few seconds before I decided I would leave, when a voice interrupted the two love birds, "Please get a fucking room."

I sat up curious to see who had showed up for my rescue.

"You're late, Hemmings." Calum commented. I opened up my eyes and turned around to see Luke standing shirtless with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

He looked sexy from this angle let's be real here.

"Fashionably late." Luke corrected and obnoxiously tossed his bag down next to me. "Hey, freshman."

"Sup, blondie?" I replied before settling back down into my tanning position.

"Calum, I want to take a walk." Olivia said as she yet again grabbed him and they took off before anyone could protest.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Luke laid out his towel next to mine and plopped down letting out a loud ass grunt in the process.

This kid.

"Freshman, you're red as fuck!" He exclaimed loudly while pointing to my shoulders. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked over at my right shoulder, "Isn't that the point?"

"Not if you want skin cancer and a sunburn from hell! Here," he continued to yell and reach into his bag and dig out some sunblock. He squirted some into his hand and leant out his hand to rub the sunblock on my shoulder.

"No, stop it! Red means I'll get tan afterwards!" I squirmed away from the lotion.

"Yeah, after a week of pain. Just let me-" he tried to put it on me, but I jumped up and away from his reach.

I giggled, "I'm fine, Luke!"

He shrugged finally giving up, "Whatever, when you're all sunburnt and shit, don't come crying to me." He said and rubbed the lotion into his chest.

"You're like a father," I mumbled.

His behavior got me thinking of what happened the other night. When he witnessed me break the fuck down emotionally. We've actually been on good terms since then, and we didn't go at each other's throats 24/7.

"Why are you all of a sudden being so nice to me?" I questioned deciding that it was worth a shot to ask.

I had nothing to lose.

He glanced over at me, "I don't want to see you get hurt again."

"So you do have a heart!"

He gave me an annoyed glance, "Shut up, Rebecca."

I gasped in amazement, "Holy shit!" I screamed. He rose an eyebrow at me in a confused manner, "What?"

"You didn't call me freshman."

His teeth tugged on his lip ring as his smirked, "Guess you're growing on me."

"And I don't want to kill you or kick you in the nuts every goddamn second, so I guess I can say the same for you." I said.

It took a lot for me to say that considering I still kind of want to do all of the above, but I can somewhat behave myself.

"Want a lite?" He asked me as he reached in a cigarette box and pulled a smoke out. I nodded, suddenly realizing my need for nicotine.

Don't even get me going on how I started smoking. Long ass story.

He handed me a smoke, and I placed it between my teeth. He brought his lighter up to the cigarette in my mouth and lit it up for me. Our eyes met for about two seconds in the process.

I could have sworn I saw them brighten. Luke had some pretty nice eyes, if I do say so myself.

Overall, he was a looker.

I took a long drag and blew out the smoke from the corner of my mouth, "Thanks."

"But on a serious note, why do you hate me?" He sparked up a more in depth conversation.

I couldn't help but to laugh, "Why do you even care? Does it look like
I hate you, now?" I wondered.

"I wouldn't put it past you."

"Touché."

"Answer the question, freshman."

"Well for starters, you always call me that like it's the worst thing in the world." I pointed out.

He shrugged, "Kind of is."

I rolled my eyes, "May I remind you that you were in my shoes three years ago?" I retorted.

He took a puff of his cigarette before replying, "I prefer to not dwell on the past."

I just looked at him suddenly curious to what made him this way? What did he do that was so horrible? What could have gotten him sent to boot camp?

"Anyways...you're just a rude motherfucker in general. Why?"

"Because I can be."

"Solid response."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

See what it so hard to be a nice and pleasant human being?

"Let's get the fuck out of here." He stood up. I looked up at him with a confused face. He extended his hand out to my aid.

"And go where?"

"Don't ask questions, freshman."

hakfbakrksjrkw bondage is haPPENING AHHHHH OKK