9

just watched the saddest fucking movie ugh my life hurts

The sun was starting to set along the horizon line as I watched from the passenger seat of Luke's shitty car.

The scenery was tinted orange from the sun's dimming rays, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

I felt as if all I had to worry about was where Luke was taking me next. Who the hell knows what this kid has in store.

As we turned into a vacant dirt road, a familiar tune sounded through his car stereo. I smiled and reached over to turn up the volume and started singing quietly along:

"You've got me thinking about it. Don't know my way around it. Got me wishing I could say the things I don't. See, I was traveling; the mess that we were in could only make me wanna stay out on the road. But when the trust falls, missed phone calls, long live the problem child. But I think I'll stay a while. Now I don't think I'll ever feel like this again. I'll never feel."

I was about to fucking jam to the chorus, but the volume was turned down and replaced with Luke's voice, "State Champs fan, huh?"

"Who isn't?" I giggled and reached over again to turn the volume back up.

I continued to sing along and occasionally look over at the blonde boy driving next to me, tapping the steering wheel to the beat with his fingers.

I glanced around the area we were driving in, and only noticed mud and trees.

"You're not going to murder me, are you?" I asked only semi-serious.

He pulled over to the side in a patch of grass and dirt and put the car in park, "Not today."

He opened up the car door and got out, so I followed. I met him around the hood of the car as he spoke again, "Don't go telling people about this place, freshman. Especially that I took you here."

We walked as he spoke to me with a stern look on his face. I smirked, "What, am I the only girl you've brought here?" I teased.

He only rolled his eyes and turned back to face forward as a response.

I'll take that as a yes.

I struggled to keep up with his long legs as we trotted through the tall grass for a good five minutes before we came across a lake.

It was absolutely stunning. The setting sun glimmered on the water, and the reflection of the surrounding trees moved along with the ripples.

It was like a picture.

Luke stopped walking and tore off his shirt to reveal his toned abdomen and looked at me, "You coming?" He asked before booking it to the water.

I laughed and kicked off my shoes, "Right behind you, Hemmings." I muttered and slipped out of my dress.

I walked to the dock's edge and swung my legs over as I sat down. I kicked the water gently with my feet to get a feel of the temperature.

It was fucking cold.

Luke swam over to me and nodded his head, "Jump in, princess." He placed his hands on top of the dock beside me. "It's cold, Luke." I complained.

He playfully rolled his eyes, "No, it really isn't. Come on, pussy." He teased.

I snickered at his comment, "You know, maybe I like looking down at you. Makes me feel superior." I said and moved so I was lying on my stomach and looking at him.

He perked himself up on his forearms to get right in my face. He was close enough so I could feel his hot breath on my face, "Don't get used to it." He spoke in a low voice before letting himself fall back into the water.