19

Y CANT LUKE LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT WTF LIFE IS SO HARD >:(

"Why do you guys always have to hoe around in our room?" I questioned out of pure annoyance at the aggressive groping Calum and Olivia were performing on one another. Man, they really do know how to third wheel.

"Because Luke would ask to join if we were in my room." Calum mumbled making Olivia giggle. I lifted the right side of my top lip up in disgust and grabbed my earphones and phone.

"I'm going to the campus gym." I called out on my way to the door; as if they would care where I went.

"Take your time!" Olivia told me ending with a small laugh. I rolled my eyes and cringed at the thought of what they were about to do. I love Olivia, but damn did I wish I lived alone. Life was so much...quieter.

I just had to get out of this environment. After the whole 'seeing Ashton and crime-friend at the store' thing the other night, I refused to leave my dorm unless it was completely necessary.

I was too afraid, and I didn't like it. Just knowing that there's a potentially dangerous guy out looking for me is most definitely the scariest thing I've ever had to deal with.

Now I understand why Luke told me to stay away from him.

And I'm fucking pissed that he would bring me into something like that. I don't know the whole story, but I'm not stupid. The day Luke went to exchange money with Ashton was obviously the day I got involved. Why else would he be giving him money in an alleyway, telling me to stay in the public eye?

With his past? It's very well possible.

Again, I'm not dumb. His drug lord or whatever knows I'm a witness, and he wants to make sure I don't snitch.

Luke is such a dumbass.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen or talked to him since he told me to stay away from him. I'm going to be totally honest here and say that I did actually miss him, but it it doesn't change how angry I am at him.

I was totally innocent and was fine before he had to pull the car over and commit a crime with me standing right there to witness all of it.

I finally made it to the gym, which was empty because it was close to midnight. And let's face it, nobody really wants to work out during partying hours.

I shoved my earphones into my phone and placed them into my ears. I blasted my favorite playlist at the moment, and got on the treadmill.

I ran to blow off some steam. I had my angry music blasting in both of my ears, and my heart racing. Despite the pain my lungs were in, I loved the feeling.

I gave some thought to quitting smoking, but I don't have the will power to stop. I liked the feeling it gave me. It's like instant relaxation as soon as I take the first drag. I know it can kill me, (or rather, it will kill me) but for some reason that doesn't scare me.

My brain was stuck on how much I needed the nicotine now, but I pushed the vice away. By now, my lungs were throbbing. I felt like I was gliding in air as I ran, my brain sort of blacking out.

And as sick as it may sound: I liked it.

I felt...free.

And then it stopped.

My music abruptly stopped, and I snapped my gaze to a hand holding my phone without the earphone plug in it. I followed the arm to meet with the face of Luke.

"I have to talk to you." He said once we made eye contact. I ceased to stop running and looked away from him, "Didn't think I'd hear from you ever again." I commented trying to hide the small excitement I felt.

I was happy that he was talking to me, but it was short lived once I remember the shit he's putting me through. Bitch mode: activated.

"Can you stop and talk to me properly, please?" He asked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his head tilt to the side like he normally does when he's asking a question.

I shook my head, "You don't answer any of my calls or texts, and you expect me to drop everything and talk to you? Sorry, princess. I'm busy." I managed to say before coughing. My lungs felt like they were going to explode.

Okay, this started to scare me. But I wasn't about to give Luke the satisfaction of stopping, so I toughed it out.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really am. Can you just-" he said the last part over the sound of me coughing up my soul.

Wow the sound of me hacking like an old man is so sexy, damn.

I felt his hand grab my arm and the treadmill stopped, "Rebecca, breathe." His soothing voice was in my ear as he pulled me off the machine.

I kept coughing until he gave me a water bottle to chug down. My chest heaved up and down as I desperately tried to refill them with oxygen.

I drank the water as my whole body weight was being supported by his much larger one. His arm was wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me up, and his other hand was keeping my hip in place in case I passed out.

Which I might, if he keeps touching me like this.

"You shouldn't push yourself so hard." He scolded once I handed him back the water bottle. I cleared my throat and licked my chapped lips, "You should shut up." I spat before pushing him off me.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back, "I said I had to talk to you." He reminded me.

I don't know what the hell came over me, but I was p i s s e d o f f. How dare he drop me like a piece of trash and cut off any sort of communication from me, but as soon as he needs to talk to me, I need to listen.

I don't think so.

I shoved him again, but this time a lot harder. "You know what? No. When I needed to talk to you, you weren't there. I needed you, Luke. I needed you when your goddamn drug mafia showed up at my work, and Ashton had to tell me to turn around until they left because your drug lord is looking for me!" I freaked out.

He tried to cut in, but I couldn't stop, "Yeah, I said it: 'drug lord.' I'm not an idiot, Luke. I was there to witness your stupid, secret money exchange with Ashton. Connecting the dots really isn't that hard. How could you put me in that position?! You put me in danger!"

He stepped closer to me, but I took a giant leap back. That didn't stop him from walking towards me, "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I'm trying to keep you safe-" he tried to defend himself.

I scoffed and looked away from him. If I looked at him any longer, I might start crying. And as we all know, I hate crying. I refuse to look weak when I'm telling him off.

"By hurting me?" My voice cracked. He shook his head and tried to take my hands in his own, but I yanked them away. He kept getting closer to me as he spoke softly, "I'll get you out of this, I promise."

I rose my eyebrows in disbelief, "Yeah right, by ignoring my existence?"

He brought his hand up to place his index finger underneath my chin and force me to look up at him in the eye, "By getting rid of him."

dun dun duuuuunnnnn omg like josh dun (bae) anyways, lucas water u planning??? hope ya liked it :D im vvvvv excited for what's to come

pls vote, comment, add, tell ur friends, and ily