32

this weekend is not going to be fun for me :/

Puffing out the last of the three cigarettes I just smoked in attempt to ease my nerves, I eventually got myself alone and contemplated calling Luke. He would probably never talk to me again if I tell him what just happened. Oh yeah, your whole drug squad is in jail because I decided to talk to them while Michael called the cops. Not like they'll name you or anything.

This was the exact kind of thing I was dreading in the first place.

First, I texted Olivia to see if she was still out with Calum and of course she was, but they were in our dorm. Meaning, I'm basically forced to go to Luke's room and tell him there. I quickly dialed his number and shakily brought the phone up to my ear. He answered on the third ring, "How's Michael's dick treatin' ya?"

Ignoring his dumb comment all together, I cut right to the chase, "I need to talk to you, are you in your dorm?"

"Yeah?"

"Okay, I'll be there in five."

"Wha-"

I hung up and jogged to his dorm trying to get there before any of his buddies used their only call to tell Luke what happened. I entered the warm building and sighed at the relief of the heat. My hands were completely frozen and it was hard to move my fingers. I balled my fists and pulled my sleeves down to cover my hands as I trotted up the stairs.

I sprinted to his door and knocked vigorously. My heart was pounding against my rib cage and I was pretty sure I was going to pass out.

This was way too much excitement for only one week.

Luke opened up the door and I broke down as soon as I saw his face. Worriedly, he pulled me inside by the arm and tried to console my heavily breathing self, "Hey, hey, you're okay. Calm down, you're alright. What's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry, Luke-"

"What's going on? Tell me." He grabbed my hands in his large ones looking down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

"Michael and I ran into your drug...people. Michael called the police when I tried to go talk to them, and they all got arrested. I'm s-" I tried explaining in between deep breaths in attempt to calm myself down.

"YOU TALKED TO THEM?!" He shouted. I nodded weakly, "I thought it would help-"

He moved his hands up to my arms to grip me tightly and hold me in place causing me to wince. He took notice in my sudden pained expression and grabbed the opening of my jacket pulling it open to yank the sleeve down.

It revealed a huge hand mark from where the guy had grabbed me earlier. I was so high on adrenaline, I didn't even notice.

Luke just stared at it and you could tell he was a good mixture of sad and furious. Mostly the second one.

"It's fine, Luke." I said and shook my arm trying to shrug it off.

"No it's fucking not. Stay here, I'm taking care of this." He spat before letting go of me and reaching for his car keys. I quickly grabbed his hand to keep him from leaving, "Please don't go. They probably know who you are and they could suspect you're involved."

He looked at me and pulled me close to him. He cupped my right cheek with one hand and his thumb wiped away a tear that had fallen in the previous minutes, "I have to. I'm coming back, I promise."

"Don't you fucking lie to me again, Luke." I told him. He nodded and kissed my forehead, "Stay." He instructed.

I let go of his hand and watched him leave. I took a good, long look because only God knows if this would be the last time I saw him again.

| Luke |

Pulling up to the police station, I reached over into my glovebox and took out the emergency bail money. This this business, you always have to be prepared for shit like this.

I took the several hundred dollar bills and stuffed them into my pocket while getting out of the car. I drew in a deep breath. I knew that no one would name me because it's against the code.

I had to at least get Ashton out of there if anything.

It took about an hour and more than half the money for them to finally release Ashton. We got back into my car, and I put the rest of the money back into the glovebox, "This is bad, Luke." He commented as I started up the car.

"Charlie's not going to be able to get out of this one." I said.

Maybe this was our way out. Maybe this was supposed to happen. This could be what Rebecca and I have been searching for.

"We have to get him out, though." Ashton argued. I snapped my head over to him, "Are you fucking crazy? No, he's staying in jail and that's final. No judge is going to let him off without at least 15 years." I replied.

"You and I are in different situations, Luke. I need this job. I need Charlie. "

"It's not a fucking job, Ash. You know you could do better. We both can. This is our chance to get out!" I pointed out.

"Drop me off at Bryana's." He switched the subject.

"You're still with her? I thought she dumped you because she didn't like your 'job?'" I wondered. They've only been dating for a few months, and she already knew everything. I guess he must really trust her.

"And I thought Rebecca would have left your sorry ass too, but guess not." He snapped.

I wanted to punch him, but I controlled my temper, "Leave her out of this, we aren't even together."

"You aren't together, and yet she's whole the reason why we're in this mess."

"You shut the fuck up. I bailed your ass out of jail and this is how you thank me? You should be kissing my balls!" I yelled.

"I'll pass."

I pulled up to Bryana's house and Ashton got out, slamming the car door without a goodbye or even a thank you.

Angry, I quickly sped off towards the college.

lashton fight :( but like i HAD to incorporate bryana bc im brashton af, maybe double update bc this one kind of sucked???