Chapter 1

Authors note: okay I suck at writing so this is going to be awful but oh well. Sorry if the grammar sucks. Also, later on in the story there may be possible trigger warning. Super long chapter but oh well.
______________________________________

I sit on my bedroom floor listening to "sugar were goin down" by Fall Out Boy. I'm making a bracelet for my best friend. I'm staying the night at her house tomorrow and were making friendship bracelets to give go each other. Rain droplets hit the roof and flashes of lightning peek through my window.
I hear a car pull into the driveway and look out my window. I let out a sigh. Mom and Dad are home. I hear them unlock the door and step inside. And I can already hear them arguing about something.

I'm almost done with my bracelet when my bedroom door flies open. I quickly pause my music and look up to see my dad walking towards me. He looks drunk. I start shaking because I know what's going to happen. As he walks closer he brings his foot back and it hits me right in the ribs. I let out a cry and curl into a ball. The smell of alcohol is overwhelming. He pins me down and punches my face repeatedly. After 10 minutes of this he finally leaves.

I finally find enough strength to lift myself up and walk over to the door and lock it. I grab my phone and plop down on my bed. I curl up under the covers. I listen to "truce" and my eyes become heavy with sleep.

The next morning I slowly sit up, my side still aching. I check the time on my phone and it reads "10:43". I unlock it and check my texts. It looks like Ally (my best friend) texted me. "Hey! Were coming to pick you up at 3! I can't wait to hang out!" I reply "hey Ally! Can't wait! I'll be ready when you get here! :)". I grab some clothes from my closet and a towel and head to the bathroom. I connect my phone to the speaker and put it on shuffle. "Ride" by twenty one pilots comes on. I love them so much.

When I'm done showering I brush my teeth and get dressed. I put on some black skinny jeans, a twenty one pilots shirt and a blue hoodie. I comb through my hair and put on some band bracelets. I choose my P!ATD, FOB, TØP, and Bring Me The Horizon bracelets. I put my dark, shoulder length hair in a ponytail and walk out of the bathroom and pack my bag for tonight.

When Allys parents car pulls up I walk out and put my hood up, with my bag over my shoulder. I climb into the back seat. "Hey!" I say and give a small smile. On the way to their house Ally talks about bands and how she wants to see some in concert. When we finally get to her house we walk in and go straight to her room. I pull my hood down, revealing the huge purple and blue bruise. She let's out a gasp at the sight of it. "Did he hurt you again?" she asks. I nod and look down. "I have to tell my parents. You can't be treated like that" she says looking concerned. I just look out her window. She walks out of the room.

15 minutes later her parents come in looking concerned. "Hey. Ally told us what happened. We already called Child Protective Service. They are arresting your parents and bringing some of your belongings back. You can stay with us until you find a family." her mom says. I nod and say "thank you" but it's more of a whisper.

Later in the night, around 7, a car pulls up and a man gets out carrying a box. I walk downstairs with ally. Her parents are talking to him and he hands them the box. It must be the CPS guy with my things. They let him in and he sits down at the table with papers. We all sit around the table and I watch the adults talk. "Were going to contact her birth family and see what we can do." the man says. "M-my birth family?" I ask with a puzzled look on my face. "Um, yes. You have a birth family in Ohio. Did you not know that?" he asks. "I-I had no clue. No one told me" I say. "Well we're going to take you to Ohio to stay with them for a little bit. Possibly meet your siblings and see if anyone in the family could adopt you" he says. "Do you know their names" I ask. "The parents are Kelly and Chris." he states.