Chapter 41

The next Friday, I sit with Tyler as finish my school. I sigh as I close my science book. I set it on the table and rub my face. I perk up a bit at the thought of the weekend. No school. No stress.

Tyler smiles mischievously. "What?!" I ask, grinning a bit. He just raises his eyebrows. "Tell me!!" I beg. "Well, you must have forgotten, but you're birthday is in a few weeks." He grins and continues. "What do you want to do?" I think for a moment. "I don't even know. With being adopted and moving and all that stuff, I forgot about it. You don't have to do anything. Seriously." I say, smiling.

He makes an "Mhhhhm" sound and grins. I jokingly roll my eyes and smile. I walk up the stairs to get my bow. I walk to the back yard and into the woods, taking careful steps so I don't trip over the un-even ground.

I shoot for probably three hours, not thinking about anything else. I like being alone out here; The fresh air, the cool breeze. Its gorgeous.

It starts to get dark so I go inside, trying not to run into a tree in the dark.

I slide the glass door open and step inside, slipping my shoes off. "Perfect timing. Dinners almost ready." Jenna says, smiling.

I nod and walk down the hall to my bedroom door, pushing it open. Grabbing my bow case, I walk to my bed and set it down.

I set the bow inside the case, clicking it shut. Crossing the hall, I walk into the bathroom. I wash my hands and avoid my face in the mirror. I never like looking at it.

I skip to the kitchen, where I see Tyler hugging Jenna from behind while she cooks and Josh awkwardly sitting on the counter, looking at his phone.

I hop on the counter next to him. "Sup Josh. Enjoying third wheeling?" I say, jokingly nudging him with my elbow.

"Yeah. I'll be a third wheel at my own wedding." He says, grinning. I laugh.

We eat dinner, Tyler talking about the upcoming tour. "The tour starts in two weeks. Its a U.S tour, so we won't be flying much, if at all. And, during all that, Y/N over here is gonna turn fourteen." He looks towards my direction.

I smirk and nod. Josh looks over. "Whatcha wanna do on your birthday?" He asks, taking a bite of his biscuit.

I shrug. "I dunno. I kinda forgot about it." I laugh. I twirl spaghetti around my fork and take a bite.

"Well, Jenna, Josh and I will have to discuss that later then." Tyler smiles and winks.

________________________________________
Sorry this is a short chapter. This time of year is always busy. But I'll try to update sooner next time!! I'm really trying!!