Chapter 31

I have had like writers block lately (don't make a migraine joke lol)
_________________________________________

I must have slept through my alarm, because I wake up to Tyler sitting on the edge of my bed, rubbing my shoulder. "You gotta get up Y/N! We have to go soon!" he says, standing up.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and put my socks on my feet. I walk to the kitchen and grab an apple, and then walk back to my room to get around. I pull a pair of jeans out of my closet, along with a mustard yellow shirt and gray cardigan. I slip on some gray flats and walk to the kitchen, where Josh is finishing his second cup of coffee.

When everyone is ready, we walk to the car and get in. Tyler turns the radio on and backs out. We arrive and walk in, and are greeted back by an older woman, with brown curly hair.

We sit down and listen to the sermon. When it's over and we're singing, I look up to see Tyler singing the lyrics so passionately I think he might lose his voice. I've never seen Tyler like this, but I like it.

When We get back home, Tyler approaches me while I'm painting my nails. "Hey! You wanna go to youth group tonight? I heard it's cool!" Tyler says.

I think about it for a moment. I have nothing else to do. "Suuure" I say, in a weird tone, narrowing my eyes and smiling. Tyler starts laughing and I join in with him. I let my gray nails dry and walk to the basement and watch some TV with Tyler and Josh, while Jenna is gardening outside. She likes to garden alone, it's relaxing.

We sit on the couch and I pull out my phone. "Lets take a selfie" I say. They both lean over and I snap the selfie. I open instagram and upload the photo. I instantly get hundreds of likes and comments.

I read a few. "Awwww this is so cute!" "omg I wish I was her!!" "ugh they need to adopt me next." I laugh at some of them. Others are super nice.

When its time for youth group, Josh drives me. I sit in the front seat and put my ear buds in, blocking the world out. "Control" by halsey comes on and I hum along.

We pull up and Josh walks me in. A few girls approach me and start talking. "Hey! I'm April and this is Macey! Welcome!" she says, smiling. We start chatting. The group plays sardines for a while before we all sit down and listen. I end up making a few friends. April and Macey put their numbers in my phone, and I talk to some other people. One guy was named Hunter. He was really nice. I also met a girl named Gracie.

When it's over and we leave, Josh picks me up. He pulls over to a little shack, probably the size of my bedroom. We walk up to a little window. There's a sign over it that says "ice cream!" Josh orders a mint chocolate chip cone.

He turns to me. "What do you want?" he looks down to me. I think for a moment. "Rocky road cone please!" I say, smiling. Joshs eyes widen. "You just ordered for yourself!" he smiles so big.

We get our ice cream cones and walk down a strip mall, window shopping. The Sun is setting and the cool breeze hits my skin, making it feel nice. We walk into a little shop and Josh sees a necklace and picks it up. He walks to the counter and buys it while I am looking at other things.

We walk out and he pulls it out of the bag. "I got you something" he smiles and holds up the necklace. It has a gem in the center with a gold chain. I hold my hair up while he clasps the necklace together. "You didn't have to do this, Josh" I say, smiling.

"No I didn't. But I wanted to!" I run my hand along the chain. "Thank you!" I hug him tightly. We continue shopping until It gets late.