Chapter 24

Tyler's POV.

The nurse tells us the news. "Good news, she's alive. She's not awake yet and probably won't be until morning. But there's a small chance she will make it. you can see her. Follow me" she says, starting to slowly walk.

I hug Jenna and we kiss, then turn to Josh and we hug. As we approach a set of doors, there's a sign over the top that says "suicide and self injury ward". It saddens my heart but I follow them.

We walk into a quiet hall with rows of rooms on either side. We get to a door that says "room 21" on it. What a coincidence. We walk into and the first thing I hear is a heart monitor beeping steadily.

I see her lying there, not moving. One hand on her stomach and the other to her side. Tubes in her nose for oxygen. A tear rolls down my face and I walk up to her. I grab her hand and run my hand along her cold face.

The nurse gives us chairs and I pull mine right up to the bed. The dim lights make it hard to see but my eyes adjust. I hold her hand and kiss it, not letting go.

"Hi baby girl." I whisper, my voice cracking and I start to sob. Jenna lays a hand on my back, and one on Y/N's arm. I don't know what to do. I sit in silence.

40 minutes later the nurse brings us all coffees. I take it but don't drink it. I don't have the appetite for even a drink.

Josh stands up and I look over. He stands over the bed and pulls ear buds out of his back pocket. He places them in her ears and turns on a song. I look at his phone and it says "truce" is playing.

---
Still Tyler's POV.

I fell asleep. I wake up from a dream, but I don't remember what it was about. The clock sats "4:45" in big, red numbers. I look over to Y/N and look at the heart monitor machine, which has a steady red line going up and down. She's okay. I touch her hand and it's warmer than it was last night.

The nurse replaces the IV bag.

The sunlight peeks through the window and the clock says "7:50". I grab her hand and rub her thumb.

15 minutes later, her head moves, turning to me, and then her eyes open. Oh how I missed those Brown eyes. She's alive.

---
Y/N's POV.
I feel someone rub my hand. I tilt my head and open my eyes and I see a blurry face. My eyes adjust and see Tyler, tears in his eyes. "Y/N, you're alive" he whispers. He leans in and hugs me. I try to hug him back But my body aches. I groan and he steps back.

---
"The doctor said you had to stay here one more night, to make sure you're okay" Josh says, then kissing my forehead. Tyler speaks up. "There's a support group meeting in An hour. I look at the clock and it says 2PM.

"D-do I have to go?" I ask, hands sweaty. "Yes, Y/N. Its all people who have been here before. They are going through the same things." Tyler says. I sigh. I don't want to go. Even if it'll help. I don't want to have to socialize.

Jenna hands me a hoodie and jeans and I go to the bathroom and put them on. The feel of the jeans against my cuts feels like someone is rubbing sandpaper on my legs. I slid my feet into my flip flops and walk back to the room. "I don't know why I have to go. Or stay here another night" I complain.

----
The time rolls around and I follow Tyler to the support group room. "Be good, ok? I'll be back here in a hour. Try to socialize. I love you" he hugs me and walks away and I walk into the room.

Its overly bright with blue and green walls, and Orange chairs, collected In a circle. I sit down next to a girl, who looks my age. She has a mark around her neck, and I realize it's from a noose. She looks down at her hands and picks at a cuticle.

Tyler's words about socializing sit in the back of my mind. "H-hi. I'm Y/N. What's your name?" I ask. She looks up and her green eyes stare into mine. "Hi. I uh, I'm Willow." she flashes a smile and her voice shakes. "Nice to meet you" I say, smiling back. "You too"

The room fills up with people, all teenagers. They all are wearing black or look miserable.

A boy with Brown hair, pushed to one side sits down next to me. I look over and we lock eyes. He gives a sad smile and I smile back. My cheecks feel warm. I look down at my hands and pick at my black nail polish.

"Hello everyone! Welcome!" a lady with a cheery voice and a blonde, short bob says. She acts so fake. "Okay, well today we are going to go in groups! Three people to a group! Lets see, every one get in a group, whoever is closest to you." the boy turns to me and the girl, Willow does too.

We end up all three in a group. His name is Cameron. "Okay well I'll go first. I'm here because I blacked out from self harm. M-my brother, he adopted me, but he found me laying there and rushed me here." my voice shakes and cracks but It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Cameron speaks up. "I'm here because I attempted suicide last night. With a bottle of pills. Because my parents beat me and I'm sick of it. My friend came over and found me" he says, quietly, tugging his jacket sleeve down over his hands completely.

Willow speaks up. "Two nights ago I tried to hang myself. My sister found me." She says.

We all end up hugging and crying. Me and Willow exchange numbers. When its over I go to the door but someone stops me by grabbing my shoulders. "Wait. Could We hang out sometime? Can I get your number? You seem super cool" Cameron's blue eyes look down at me.

I chock on my words. "Y-yeah sure." I smile and tell him my number. "Since you have only been here since last night, Do you have to stay another night? I do" he says frowning. I nod.

"Really? Do you wanna hang out in one of our rooms?" he asks. "Uh, yeah sure! Wanna come to mine?" I ask. He nods and smiles.