The Final Chapter, 45.

*Time hop to Christmas morning*

I wake up to Tyler and Josh smiling like little kids and the smell of pepperment and hot chocolate in the air.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" Tyler squeals. I perk up and smile. Before I can say merry Christmas back, Josh picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

-
I sit on the floor, surrounded by presents and crumpled wrapping paper. I pick up my last present and set it on my lap, slowly tearing the paper and ribbon away.

As the paper falls away from around the small box, I see a beautiful necklace. "Oh my goodness, its beautiful. Thank you." I say, smiling.

---

A few hours later I sit on the couch and look out the window, sipping hot cocoa while I wait for Tyler, Jenna and Josh's family to arrive. I smooth down my red skirt and tights, pull the ends of my cardigan sleeve down and adjust my new necklace.

I watch the snow fall on the trees, making everything look like its dusted in powdered sugar. I listen to Tyler sing to Jenna as she cooks food for the family dinner. I realize he's singing the backstreet boys, and I let out a laugh.

I watch Josh lean agasint the window sill, also watching the snow fall. I study his face, watching his eyes dance around, looking from a tree to the road. He looks deep in thought.

I prepare myself for lots of people, loud noises and nosey questions.

I hear a car door shut and Josh seems to snap out of thought. I stand up and walk over to Tyler as Jenna opens the front door, welcoming Tyler's family in.

-

Soon enough, everyone's family has arrived and the room fills with loud chatter and laughter. I talk to Josh's sisters while Tyler talks to his parents and Josh hugs his mom for the fourth time today.

-
After we all eat, we sit around the tree, opening more presents. I smile as I watch Tyler open a present from his parents. Josh rests a hand on my back, rubbing small circles.

-
Later in the night, after everyone has left, Tyler, Jenna, Josh and I sit om the couch, talking about the day and sipping more hot cocoa. We all snuggle until everyone gets too sleepy.

After Tyler and Jenna go to bed, Josh comes in my room to say goodnight. He sits on the edge of my bed and we end up talking for two hours.

"I love you, you know that, right?" Josh asks me.

"Oh course, Josh." I say, smiling back.

"Good. I'm gonna head to bed now. Sleep well kiddo. Love ya." He stands up, stretching.

"Love you too." I say back.

AsI lay in bed, I realize that my chest doesn't have that hallow feeling anymore, and the voices in my head have started to become smaller. I realize that this is real happiness.

This is what happiness feels like.

___________________________________________________

WOW ITS OVER. The final chapter was awful but I just wanted to finish it tbh. Anyways, wow. Its. Over. Wowowoowow.