22. Unbroken Curse.

I wake up when the horse licks my tear stained cheeks. I stretch, and extend my legs. The fire was out, and the weather was warm. At first I felt disoriented, seeing that the morning sky is a rusty shade of purple, it doesn't feel like any other mornings, actually, I don't feel anything. 

After what I saw in the mirror, I realized that wasn't this the same reason why I was in this turmoil? The bottom line is that Anna is back to Logan, so as far as that goes, they are initially back together. My work is done, so how do I actually go back?

I can't go back to Cassie, I don't remember they way. Plus, there are some places in Shadowland that should never be visited, ever. I look at the horse and pet between his forehead,, it instantly put its head down and responds to the comfort. 

Wait, 

I came all this way to meet the powerful with of all time, and I have no problems to go and face?

Well there was this one problem, how would I get the hell back to the present? There. 

There is my reason now to go and see her. I put the blanket, back in the backpack, and get a roll of bread. I split the bread and two, and give the other half the horse. I hitch up to the horse, and off I went, to meet Elle Strana. 

-------------

The horse stops, and we reach the black mountain, the tallest out of all of The Forbidden Land. I could sense some smoke coming out of the top of the mountain. Since it was a mountain, there was no way I could take the horse up there, so I got off the horse, and started to walk. I looked back at the horse. 

"Stay here." I said to it. 

'Broo-ho-ho." It gave an okay sound. 

The walk up to the mountain took forever. It was Like climbing the Mt. Everest. Time consuming and tiring, I was sweating all the way, and was out of breath, but I couldn't waste any more water. I had to save it for later. 

While hiking, I heard a rattling noise, and looked to my side seeing a black rattle snake. It's diamond black eyes were looking straight at me, and its pink tongue kept flicking out. My body froze, and its that kind of situation where you want to run, but your feet are glued to the ground. 

I took a couple steps back, and it slithers some feet my way. I heard about the creatures Cassie was talking about, they will hunt you down, until they give up, or you die. Most of all, there are inhuman, so they are fast. 

I keep going back, and the snake keeps on slithers my way. A sweat escapes from my forehead, and I'm even afraid to wipe it, scared the snake might strike in the air. I count down to five-to-one and plan to run. 

5...4...3...

The snake stands up and extends its hood, giving me a petrifying hiss. 

2.........1

I run like there's no tomorrow.

I don't look back because I know I might slow down, from seeing the snake, I keep on looking forward, my breath becomes heavy, and I'm losing balance. I could feel the snake by my heel, and I run ten times more faster than I usually do. 

Running on top of the mountain is hard, and I feel I burned many calories, and my thighs muscle must have ripped inside of me. 

Thud!

I didn't see a rock coming up to my right  leg, and I trip, my forehead landing on a pebble, and part of my forehead bleeding. I see a black moving object coming towards my way, in an inhuman speed. I soon realize it's the snake, because I couldn't figure it out before due to the reason that I might pass out, and die.