1. Not So Once Upon A Time....

All Rights Reserved. Any copied or plagiarised work from this story will be reported and sorry to say but you will pay :) So don't copy the work and enjoy the original work.

Edited.

-----------------

BOOK 1 - His Dark, Cold Love

-------------------

You know the feeling when you think someone is watching you, and its shooting daggers behind your head. Well, that's how I am feeling this instant. I was sitting on the park's bench. Humming a tune my mom always used to do for me when I was a child. Dwelling into the chilly light breezes of late November, and the hearing the waves of Lake Michigan crashing among the shore.  I always came here, I enjoyed the scenery.

The laughs and giggles of children playing on the swings and slides. Familiar bell noises of the ice cream bicycle roaming around the park while the little monsters drag their parent's wallets for the heavenly sweet delight. A lonely willow tree's leaves slowly falling, leaf to leaf. Swirls of the unseen winds as they blow my hair in front of my face.

A hear rustlings of trees and twigs, curious,  I glance back and see nothing but naked trees covering the park's pathway. I shake my head, maybe it was a squirrel. A buzz comes through my sweatshirt pocket and I take out my phone and answer the incoming call I was receiving.

"Hello," I said,

"Ari, where are you, do you know how worried I was when I didn't find you at home!" Kate yelled. Kate was my housemate. We were both in the same situation. Seventeen and lost young teens. The difference was that Kate had a family. But she decided to stay here in Chicago. I never knew why until this day. I never asked.

"I'm in my usual spot, didn't you read the note I left on the fridge?' I asked. This was the third time this week, she had panicked when I'm not home. She always forgets to see the trails of the pink and orange post-its I leave for her so her doe eyes can see them.

"Yyyeesss......" she said nervously. I smirked.

"You probably made a bowl of cereal first and ignore all my trails of love letters, huh?!" I said while holding up a laugh. Must have been chewing on my Fruit Loops I always hide from her. She was one of those annoying humans with fast metabolism rate. 

"Right. No! NO! I wasn't eating, I was just in a hurry after I came back from jogging  from the park."She stated.

Liar.

"Oh, I"m in the same park too! How come I didn't see you?" I asked.

"Never mind, I have a shift at the museum after school, so don't wait up, okay? And come to school soon, don't want to make excuses to Mr. Smerz again for you,"  Kate said, "Creepy ass man." She added. 

"Fine, I'll come ASAP, Bye." I chirped as I took my phone away from my ear. 

"Bye!" Kate said loudly through the phone.

The same noise came again. This time I didn't even bother to look back. Stupid squirrels. A second later someone from behind clamped my mouth, and even though my mouth was covered, I was still screaming.