Chp. 44 - Venatores Mali

LISTEN TO THE SONG - COMMENT ON HOW YOU LOVED IT WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER.

--------------

“Why is this blindfold necessary?” I gritted at Daniel. He comes from my side of the passenger side of the car. The door opens in seconds and I’m already on my foot on the ground - being tugged ( more like dragged) by Daniel.

The weather is dead cold, but I can hear the naked trees whistling in the breezy wind. The ground floor felt like it had a thin coat of snow, and the smell was a mix between a forest and a waterfall.

“Because then when you meet loverboy again, he won’t find out this hidden sanctuary - which has been hidden for thousands of years, just by looking into your memory.” Daniel flatly said. With on the other hand sounded more like sarcasm.

Sanctuary?

The word boomed in my mind. Sanctuary? Was Daniel locking me up for eternity? Or did he gang up with his lovingly mother and decided to put me through torture. I started struggling in Daniel’s grip, but the only thing that resulted in was me tripping and that resulted in my face connecting to the floor about three times.

“Keep going, and you’ll eventually get a new face with no surgery needed.” Daniel darkly chuckled.

Now he was being sarcastic.

It’s not funny when you’re blindfolded and see nothing but black. Also being accompanied by a psychopath.

It was when Daniel stopped me by circling his hand around my waist, I quickly snapped from the cold touch that sent chilly feeling throughout my abdomen. My back instantly attached to his back, and Daniel’s presence overshadowing me.

“Stay still.” Daniel whispered in my ears.

He took a step forward which I matched with his. The sudden burst of cold water being descended onto me surged through me. I gasped from the harsh coldness of what the water had brought to me.

My clothes and hair were soaked and I was shivering -- crazy. It only lasted for three seconds when I felt no extreme cold water pressure on me and the sound of metal clickings were heard.

Where in the hell has he brought me?

Daniel’s hand untied the blindfold from my eyes and I opened my eyes in a rapid motion, but screamed as the brightness burned my eyes.

“Aaah!” I screamed. I brought my hands to my eyes and massaged them. I slowly opened my eyes to a dull steel room.

The whole space was contaminated with steel. Steel door, steel drawers, steel cabinets, steel everything. I looked around the enormous space and ponder on what could Daniel possibly bring me here for?