20. Outskirts of Shadowland.

"Whatever you do, do not look them in the eye. Don't talk to them. Don't be the distraction. Don't buy anything for them, and for heaven's sake never say 'Thank you', 'Please', or even a 'Sorry', at the Gremlin Market. They will sense you,since you’re  a human,  and make you into an human broth for dinner!" Cassie warned me. She was talking about the gremlins that would soon appear in  our way.

We had just escaped the castle, we took a quick underground trail that led  us outside of the gates to the castle. The experience was underneath the trail was disgusting. Prisoners 'leftover' bodies were there, and you would need to hold back some puke because  rats were digging in the fleshes on the 'leftover' prisoners.

It took some bravery and nose covering for me to go through the traumatizing horror.

Cassie stopped from her tracks and froze, she turned to me and disclaimed the last warning to me.

"And most importantly never fall for their tricks. They will disguise as someone who is the most dearest to you." she warned. She turned again, and walked forward.

As we walked more deeper to a dark narrow pathway, lights from lanterns were appearing, the pathway was getting more broad and expanded, and out of all the stinging smell of blood filled my nostrils. Different kind of small, ugly, fat, snotty, gremlins were trying to sell different kinds of potions in the market. The store was like on a stand and they would act wildly just to make a sell.

“Get your death potion! Get your death potion! Only for 2 golds!” A gremlin said, holding up a vial  that had black smoke surrounding it.

Cassie and I kept on walking, the gremlins were somewhat sizes of dwarfs. Then something came to my mind, why in the world are we in the Gremlin Market?

“The invisibility potion! Get your invisibility potion, and be invisible. Great for a surprise attack on your enemy, without them even knowing its you! 4 golds!” another gremlin said, holding up a vial, that had a red smoke surrounding it.

Cassie kept on leading the way, and I kept on trying to keep up with her, because one of her perks of being a half-blood vampire, speed. Gremlins kept on shouting, talking about what the potions does, and how much it is worth. Somethings were ridiculously stupid, and some made you want to buy it.

But, I had to be careful, because the gremlins are sure tricky and untrustworthy when it comes to non-working potions, and deals. Never make deals with them.

Cassie kept on walking and what felt like hours and hours, we finally got out of the gremlin market.

“Cassie?” I said.

No reply.

“Cassie!” I said louder.

No reply, again.