26.- Home.

-----

Walking along side of the creek, and hearing the quacks of the ducks here, was calming. It felt like you can be here forever, and no one would ever disturb  you, or find you. 'Dad' and I were sitting on a bench side, watching the sun setting down, but it never did. It was like it was paused, but it was really breathtaking.

"Did you meet my mom, after you know..." I carried off.

"I was the first person to meet her in heaven." 'Dad' finished.

I fiddle with a twig in my hand. The most comforting and full of anger topic I hate talking about is my mother's death. I look at my father. It felt weird calling him 'Dad' or 'father. But it true, he is my dad, and he died the day I was born.

"How come she never told me about your death?" I asked him. He smiled and poked my nose.

"I told her not too." He said. I give a sad smile.

"H-How?" I croaked out.

"In her dreams." He warmly said.

I look down try to hide some tears welling in my eyes. All my life I hated this man sitting right next to me. I thought he was coward and selfish for leaving my mom when he found out she was pregnant with me. I now am a little mad why mom never told me the truth about him. Then I take it a thought that he communicated the same way my mom did with me. To tell me that she is alright.

"Ariella," Dad said.

"Yes." I quickly said.

"Aren't you gonna ask how I died?" He questioned.

"I'd rather not. It's..." I said.

"Okay," He said, clapping both of his hands," I won't tell, but I can show."

"What?" I asked looking up at him, confused.

-------

Suddenly the scene changed. It was night and it was chilly. The owl was making it's spooking noises and the road was very quiet and lonely.

There was this diamond shaped white board that had a hospital sign on it, and underneath it read that it was five miles ahead. As you looked more ahead there was fog covering the whole area. Wait. Where was dad?

The chills of the wind spread through me. The full moon lies right by the creek, and I still don’t see any sign of Dad. I hear the faint noises of a car coming to the road, going over the speed limit. I turn around and see a red Mustang coming into the view.

Inside the car were two people. Both males. They kept on fighting over the wheel, shouting, and twisting and turning the car. Eventually the car flipped over, and only one of them had a seat belt on.

I quickly ran into the view, and knelt beside the two men.

“Are you okay?” I asked. They didn’t look at me. They couldn’t hear me, at all.

They were both unconsciousness. The one in the driver seat was bleeding from the nose, and the one in the passenger is bleeding from the ear. I tried helping them, and tried for reaching for their hands, nothing. I couldn’t even feel the body interaction. I was invisible.

This was all part of the flashback. Because the time came when a grey Ford came into view. It was in a normal speed, and the person in the driver seat was my Dad. He was driving in a normal speed. He looked happy, he was grinning ear-to-ear. He was heading towards the hospital, where my mom was in labor.