ten :: maya meets the bay window

A/N: I got a dm about Farkle! & I want you to know that he will be a huge part of my story but not for a while! A lot of things happen in the chapter! So sorry if things get confusing 😁

Still mad at her father, I met Riley right where she told me to meet her. She sat waiting for me her face with an unreadable smile.

"Hey Riles," I sat next to her brushing my hair back.

"Maya, if I asked you a question would you answer it honestly?" She asked.

"Of course." I smile.

"What happened between you and Uncle Josh?" Her brown eyes poured into my blue ones, "He was yelling for you a few nights ago and he was acting really weird."

"Me and Josh broke up around three months ago." I smiled through the serious pain I felt in my chest.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to tell anyone." I looked down at my hands.

"Why?"

"There's some things about our relationship that I'm not proud of. And when I feel like it's old over, I'll be okay," I told her.

"But we're in the bay window." She came up with an excuse.

"So?"

"Don't make me do it, Maya." Riley threatened me as she rose up her hand.

"You wouldn't!" I gasped.

"RING POWER!" She yelled.

"CURSES!" I yelled back.

Riley calmed down, "Please tell me, Maya."

I began to pour my heart out to Riley, the way I used to, "When I was with him he brought out the worst in me. We spent all night getting drunk, and partying, and... um stuff," I blushed, "We used to fight. A lot. About stupid stuff, but all those fights added up, you know? The bad was overpowering the good parts in our relationship. And the more we fought the more Josh became controlling. He would always need to know where I was at all times, and I would call him every hour. He used to get really drunk and yell terrible things and me, and apologize and say it's because he loves me. I don't know if he really did. But one day he was smashing bottles and plates and he took all of his anger out on me. He squeezed my wrists together and would drag me everywhere with him. He was strong and the control was physical," I cried, "I had to leave him. It took all of me, because I feel such a weird attachment to him even after he hurt me. But I did, and I want him out of my life forever."

Riley was crying and hugging me tightly, when Riley hugs you, you can really tell how much she loves you.

"Maya, how- could-d he?" She was crying so hard it was difficult for her to talk.

"I love you, Riles." I hugged her back.

"Did you tell anyone else?" Riley asked.

"Um, you parents..." I said, "And Lucas." I said under my breathe.

"And who?"

"Lucas." I coughed.

"Maya? Who?"

"Ranger Howdy Doody Roy." I said slowly.

"Lucas?" She said confused, "Why does Lucas know?"

"He kinda just found out..." I said trying to make it not a big deal.

"I'm your best friend, Maya. You can tell me anything."

"It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I know that if I said it out loud I would have to deal with reality." I said.