twenty-six :: maya meets anger

A/N: I'm going to be updating a lot becuase I'm on my Thanksgiving break! Also, I want to know if you guys want this story to be longer, or have a sequel to this book. Because I thought this story would only be about 40 chapters but now I feel like it would be way longer, so just let me know! :)

MAYA'S POV:

THE NEXT MORNING...

I was left speechless by what Jacob said and as more time passed I was getting more and more worried.

"Are you okay, babe?" Lucas said kissing me on the cheek.

I gave him a small smile, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Becuase you know-" He started saying before I cut him off.

"I know Lucas. But I'm fine." I tried to convince him, "We have to go to school."

Lucas gave me a nod and made sure to give me a hug before we left our apartment and drove to school.

-

Once we arrived I made sure Lucas would walk me to my classes so nothing bad would happen to me.

I felt so guilty about keeping this from him. He deserved someone better than me.

I pushed that thought out of my brain as I stepped into my science class. My heart was beating out of my chest.

I didn't know what Jacob was capable of. And if you judged him by his appearance, you could tell he's been lifting weights.

I sat in my seat and payed no attention to Jacob. I turned my back to him and started the work the teacher had for us on the board.

"Maya?" I heard Jacob's deep voice.

I didn't respond.

"Maya, please hear me out." He begged me.

I turned to see Jacob. He looked genuinely sorry.

"What Jacob?" I said frustrated.

"I'm sorry okay, I overreacted. And I shouldn't have asked you out knowing you were still with Lucas." He pleaded.

"I accept your apology." I smiled at him.

Maybe he just had a bad temper.

Out of nowhere I needed to use the restroom.

LUCAS' POV:

My class was directly across from Maya's so sometimes I could see her through the window on the door.

I saw the door open and Maya walk out, she was holding a bathroom pass.

I couldn't even take my eyes off her when she was walking. I can't believe the only other person she's dated was Josh.

Then something suspicious happened.

Moments later Jacob followed after her.

He couldn't be going to the bathroom, the men's room was the other way.

What was that dick planning?

My anger boiled about what he could do Maya, and even what he was thinking was driving me crazy.

I raised my hand.

"Yes, Mr. Friar?" The teacher called on me.

"Can I use the restroom?" I asked her.

"Can you?" She laughed and no one else did.

"May I?" I said trying not to smart mouth her.

"Sure." She said.

I was out the door in 2 seconds flat. I ran off to the direction Maya was in.

But I was too late.

Becuase once I turned that hallway Maya was already standing there.

She had blood dripping from her nose and a bruise forming on her left cheekbone. I cringed at the pain my baby girl went through.

Maya looked so lost, she was speaking gibberish and her blue eyes were gray.

I engulfed her in my arms, "Who did this to you." I said angrily.

"J-Jacob." She shook in my arms.

That little asshole. Rage was running through me that I've never felt before. It was engulfing my whole body. I wanted to feel my hand strangle his throat.

I pulled away from Maya and looked her in the eyes, "I love you so much. Remember that, okay?"

She nodded in responce.

I took off after Jacob. I shouldn't have left Maya alone but I wasn't in the right mind set. When I finally found him leaning up against the lockers having a smoke I wanted to kill him.

How could someone hurt somthing so innocent and pure.

I walked up to him and immediately pushed him up against the lockers.

"Why did you do that to Maya?" I growled.

One of my arms was pressing him back, the other up against his throat. He was surpised by my strength. That ass hole should never under estimate me.

"Why?" I yelled pushing harder down his throat.

"She embarrassed me in front of everyone." He chocked out.

I was shocked by how shallow he was.

"You have no idea what she had been through." I said my own voice scaring me, "She's felt pain ten times more than you've ever felt."

"She's just a girl." Jacob said.

My anger got the best of me.

I completely black out. My fists kept throwing punches and I couldn't stop. I kept going and going until something stopped me.

It was Mr. Matthews pulling me off of Jacob's beaten body.

"Lucas, what were you thinking?" Mr. Matthews scolded me.

The nurse carried Jacob to the ambulance.

I shook my arm free from Mr. Matthew's hold, "Look for yourself." I said pointing to Maya whose bloody nose dried and her bruise looked even more purple then before.

"Oh my god." He said shocked.

"You didn't seem to care this much when it was your own brother hurting her like this." I spat at him.

I was surprised by my rude words towards him. But I didn't care, because what I said was true. And I'm not going to take it back.

Nothing will stop me from protecting Maya.

I walked over to her and comforted her the best I could. She was probably in complete shock.

Her blue eyes connected with my green ones and she started to cry.

"I'm so sorry." She said through the tears.

I rubbed her smooth cheeks swiping her tears, "No baby, you did nothing wrong."

"No Lucas you don't understand!" She tried to explain, "He took my ring." She held up her bare hand.

He took away the promise ring. Our promise ring.