relief

Melody

I woke up clueless, and in someone's arms. I looked up and saw Taylor. I panicked and tried to stay calm as I moved away. I got up slowly, so I wouldn't wake him, but urgently.

I went out to the camp and saw Lori with Shane sitting in lawn chairs. I also spotted Carl, so I went to him.

"Hey bud, watcha doin'?" I asked. He looked up, his hands fiddling with some dry leaves and sticks.

"Nothing.. How did you find us?" He asked

"Well, I was in the city and I made it my goal to find you guys, so I just kept walking. I think it's fate that I actually found you guys." I said with a sense of calm in my voice.

  I soon heard a car alarm and a gorgeous red car pulled up with an excited man in the driver's seat. He got out and Shane walked over to try and stop the alarm that would inevitably attract every freak within a ten mile radius. It wasn't long before a big van pulled up behind in and people filed out of it quickly.

A crying girl came out and hugged the blonde girl while another guy came out and hugged his family too.

I looked to Carl and he was crying. Lori came up and put her hands on his shoulders, she whispered things to him while I kept my gaze on the van.

Everyone was so happy and reuniting, and tears filled my eyes knowing that that wouldn't be me anytime soon. Dallas wasn't coming back and it would be foolish to assume any of my family would hop if of the truck.

Shane was talking to the Hispanic man and I heard him say a name like Morales.

"How'd you guys get out anyway?" Shane asked.

"New guy, he got us out." Said the Asian that arrived in the loud red car.

"Yeah, crazy Vato just got to town." Morales said, "hey helicopter boy, come say hello!" He called out.

Shane got uncomfortable as soon as he saw who it was, and my eyes widened.

Rick.

"Lori..." I whispered.

She looked up and did a double take. Rick started crying as well as the rest of us.

"Dad!" Carl shouted as he ran. Lori was beyond shocked and got up after him.

Carl got to Rick, and me and Lori ran as well. Rick bent over with Carl tight in his grasp.

"Rick!" I yelled. He didn't let go of Carl, but picked him up and hugged Lori. We were all crying, but I was sobbing.
I hadn't lost everything.

I kept my blurred gaze on Rick and he looked up to me, shaking his head in disbelief. When I got to him I slowed down and latched onto him. I held onto him as if he would disappear if I didn't.

"I'm so happy to see you." I whispered.

We all hugged again and people looked at us in awe. I had been reunited with my brother.

I soon got up and realized Rick was in his sheriff uniform. I smiled through the tears as I watched him.

  "Always on duty, huh?" I laughed. He chuckled and looked down before his smile faded.

"Where's Dallas?" He asked. I looked down and shook my head no. He nodded sadly and we went over to where the fire had been the night before, sitting as a family.
I never left Rick's side. I had my brother back.

Taylor walked out of the tent and looked at me oddly. I mouthed the word brother and he nodded. He walked over and tried to kiss me, but I turned my head and he ended up kissing my cheek. Rick watched and looked concerned.

"That was quick." He said.

"What?"

"How fast you got over Dallas." I felt that pang of guilt in my chest again.

"What Taylor? No, he's just persistent." I muttered.

"Do you need me to handle it?" He asked.

  "No, I can handle just fine on my own."

  "Didn't look like it." He watched Taylor with pointed eyes.

"I'll be fine.." I decided to change the subject. "I missed you. What happened?" I asked.

"Shane didn't tell you?" Lori but in.

"No? I mean- he mentioned that you'd been in the hospital, but he didn't say why." I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I told him to. He said he would." She murmered to herself.

"I got shot." Rick blurted.

My eyes grew wide.

"Carl, go play with Sophia." Lori said. After Carl left, she told me what happened.

"He was shot and put into a coma. Shane not telling you wasn't the only thing he lied about, he also said Rick was dead. But-" I cut her off.

"Wait what made you think Shane and I talk?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." She muttered.

"So when did you wake up?" I asked, wondering what took him so long.

"'Couple days ago. I met a man and his son who helped me out. They told me what the world is like now and let me stay with them the first night after I woke up. In return I helped them out with weapons and we promised to keep in touch.. I don't think I'd be here if it weren't for him." He smiled a bit and I was grateful that someone was kind enough to show him that kind of mercy.

"They sound like good people."

"They are." He nodded and I looked down at my clothes, knowing I needed to change.

"Well, I have to go. I'm gonna get changed." I said, then went into my tent.

I pulled my tank over my head, then took off my sweaty bra. I then heard shouting, silence then footsteps. The footsteps stopped and the tent opened.

I grabbed a blanket to cover me. I turned and saw the redneck standing red faced in the entrance of the tent.

"We gotta stop meeting like this." I said nervously, trying to fully cover myself. He apologized, and started to leave.

"Wait!" I cleared my throat and he stopped.

"I never caught your name." I stated.

"Daryl Dixon." He said angrily, not looking back.

I quickly closed the tent and turned around, putting on a new bra, a tight brown shirt, and some loose, black shorts.

I ran out, not watching where I was going and I accidentally shoulder checked someone who had stood much sturdier than I. I tripped and Daryl caught me by wrapping his hand around my back, I grabbed his shirt out of instinct.

"Hello again." I paused, my gaze landing on his blue eyes. I flinched at his touch and he seemed to notice when he glanced at my arms. "I promise I'm normally not this clumsy." I laughed with a slight embarrassment masking my tone. He stood me up and I let go of his shirt before he cleared his throat. I stood awkwardly, looking down. "Sorry." I muttered.

"It's fine." His voice was raspy. He left me standing there like an idiot until Taylor came over a few moments later.

He put his hand on my back and we walked back out to the fire pit, his arm snaking around my waist. I sped up so he wouldn't be touching me so much, but he only sped up with me. I spotted Daryl and looked over, crossing my arms across my waist. Taylor saw me looking at Daryl and pulled me closer. I gave Taylor a look that held a mix disgusted and uncomfortable.

I missed Dallas, and Taylor only made me miss him more.

***

Ily

-Kenzie