Newcomers

I shifted my arm in the sling to make it more comfortable, but ended up going for mildly comfortable. After taking some pain killers, I went to Maggie to check on my shoulder. Sleeping last night was not fun, so I didn't sleep a whole bunch.

  I heard a motorcycle approach the prison and I got up from my bed, rushing outside as fast as I could without hurting my shoulder.

  I got outside and saw Daryl's bike, the car and a bus come up on the path up to the prison. Carol and Beth opened the gate and got any walkers that tried to get inside while I stood by the bleachers, unable to help.

I looked around at the towers and noticed that two of them were blown up. I sighed and looked back at the vehicles rolling in.

Daryl hopped off of his motorcycle and the rest of the group joined us outside, staring curiously at the bus.

Rick and Michonne got out of the truck and walked with Daryl over to the bus. I gave them a questioning look and Rick nodded. People started filing out of the bus. From little kids to elderly. Two of the people I saw were a part of that group that came by not too long ago, but I didn't see the other two from their small group.

The group was greeted one by one and led into cellblock D. I slowly walked up to the group, smiling politely at those who locked eyes with me. I looked at Rick and saw a smile creep onto his face, then he walked into the cellblock to greet and introduce himself to everyone.

I walked to the fence and hung my hand on it, staring at the walkers that flooded the yard. I started thinking of ways to fix our problems.

My arm started to feel uncomfortable, so I tried to fix it, but that's hard to do when you only have one good arm and you can't move the other one.

I shifted the sling around to find a comfortable spot, then felt someone's hand touch my back and pull the sling up. It felt more comfortable after that so I turned my head to see who had helped me. I turned to face an unfamiliar man and I smiled slightly, wondering why he was outside while everyone else was inside.

  "Shouldn't you be inside?" I asked.

  "Shouldn't you?" He crossed his arms and leaned onto the fence. I took a small step back and rested into my hip.

  "I'm not the new one here." I answered, examining his face. He had slight facial hair and green eyes with a tint of gold in the very center, but just a bit.

  "How long have you been with this group?" He asked.

  "Since the start." I shrugged. I watched a walker on the other side of the fence make it's way towards the man. The corners of my mouth pulled up in a smirk and he looked at me as if to try to be slick.

  The walker slapped it's hands on the fence, rattling it and the guy, who jumped up and uncrossed his hands. I chuckled a bit and he stepped towards me after examining the walker, causing me to step back again.

  "I'm Melody." I sighed, holding out my hand for him to shake it.

  "John." He smiled, taking my hand and shaking it. I smiled and walked with him into the cellblock that the rest of his group was led into.

***

  Super short chapter, but only because there's going to be a time jump. Ily guys, let me know how it's going by commenting what you think of this. It would really help me as a writer because I've been having less inspiration than normal.

-Kenzie