Overrun

I got up and Daryl squatted down to examine it.

  "Got his neck broke." He said, moving its head back and forth. He rolled him over and checked for bites.

  "He's got no bites." He said after checking obvious places.

"None you can see." I said, squatting next to him.

  "No, I'm telling you, he died from this." He pointed to his neck. He looked at me confused and I returned the look.

  "How is that possible?" I asked, looking back down at the body. He kept glancing up at me with a confused look.

  He stood up and grabbed his arrow from a tree, walking away. I got up and followed.

We walked back to the house, retracing our steps.

We were walking for a while and I sighed, thinking about what he had said.

"Are we just going to ignore what you said? Because my plan was to not talk to you until you apologized, but clearly that's not going to happen, because you're so..." I started rambling.

"What?" He asked looking at me.

"It's like you were trying to hurt me by any means necessary." I sighed again. I don't know what to expect from him.

"Oh." He looked down.

"Oh?" I asked. That's all he had to say?

"I don't know what you want me to say." He said.

"How about sorry? Huh? You told that I have no one and I drag everyone down. I deserve an apology that I'm clearly never going to get." I scoffed and kept walking.

"I'm sorry... I was angry and frustrated and I took it out on you." He said hoarsely. I looked at him and he looked guilty.

I looked into his eyes and let out a shaky breath, biting my lip. He looked a bit uncomfortable, because of the long eye contact.

I inched closer to him and kissed him. He hesitated at first, but then he wrapped his arm around my waist.

It wasn't a long kiss. I don't even know why I did it.

He pulled away and I smiled a bit. He looked a bit uncomfortable and avoided eye contact.

He cleared his throat and adjusted his crossbow on his back.

"Lets go." He said, looking down and leading the way to the house.

We heard a gunshot and he started running, I followed quickly and we made it to the house.

Once we got to the house we saw Andrea standing in the middle on the room.

"What happened?" I asked. No one answered.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl asked.

"No." Lori answered.

"We heard a shot." I said.

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori said.

"We found him." Daryl said.

"Is he back in the shed?" Lori asked.

"No, he was already dead." I chimed in.

"He was a walker." Daryl clarified.

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel asked.

"Weird thing is, he wasn't bit." I said, still confused about all of that.

"His neck was broke."