Infected

I woke up and opened my cell door after changing into some better clothes. I walked out of my cell and down the stairs, then got some oatmeal for breakfast.

After I finished, I walked outside with John, spotting Daryl walking the opposite way towards the pavilion. I stood at the fence, watching Michonne ride away on her horse. I sighed, wondering when she would be back this time.

John stood silently next to me, watching Rick and Carl feed the pigs. It seemed peaceful until we heard a gunshot. My head whipped around towards the prison, then I glanced over at Rick, who was already running quickly towards us.

"Cellblock?" Maggie screamed. I ran up next to him and he held up his hands.

"I don't know?" He yelled up. He sprinted next to me up to the cellblocks.

"Walkers in D!" Glenn yelled.

"What about C?" Rick asked.

"It's clear," Sasha said, walking out of block C. "We locked the doors to the tombs and Hershel's standing guard."

"It ain't a breach!" Daryl said, running behind Sasha. Rick paused and looked around.

"We followed the plan." Sasha said, Rick looked panicked and I followed them, running to cellblock D.

We ran in to see people shooting at walkers everywhere.

Daryl was the first one in and everyone was screaming. He took a gun from someone and gave it to Rick, who was shouting orders at everyone.

I rushed towards the other side and took down a few walkers, then directed people out of the block. I shot some, then stabbed a few and guided people who couldn't get out, into a cell, then closed it.

I looked around seeing a little girl huddled in a corner and picked her up. She was no older than four and I ran her into a cell with Karen and a few others. They closed it and I stabbed a few more walkers. I stood still for a second and a few shots hit the wall behind me.

My eyes widened and I looked around and saw someone I didn't know too well with a shotgun. I walked quickly towards him and took the gun from his hand and his face flashed a scared look. I pointed towards a cell and he nodded, running into it.

"Check every cell!" Rick yelled and Sasha ran to check each one while Glenn ran up the stairs. I saw a walker on the ground and I stomped on it's head.

After it seemed to be clear I opened one of the cells that people were hiding in and checked everyone. The man that was shooting at me had a bite mark on his upper back and I sighed, looking to Daryl and shaking my head. He was taken into a separate cell and Daryl did what had to be done.

I sighed and looked around at all the dead walkers on the ground. I knew a lot of them. Those poor people.

  Daryl walked up stairs and Rick walked up the other side. Glenn had already been up there checking cells. I looked behind a few curtains and spotted nothing, then heard struggling from the up stairs.

  "Get down!" I heard Daryl say, then I heard a body hit the ground. I ran out of the cell and looked up at where they all were.

  "What happened?" I asked. Daryl looked down at me.

  "It's Patrick." He sighed. I nodded and went to check on the last cell. Sure enough, there was a walker inside and I reached for my knife. My hand didn't find it and I looked down, seeing that it was gone.

  When I glanced back up, the walker was in my face and I put my arm up in defense to hold it back.

  It was super heavy, so it started pushing me back and it's blood was getting all over my arm, causing it to slip. I pushed it a bit, but lost my footing, falling forward on my face when it stumbled back.

  I let out a groan when I hit the ground and looked up, seeing it get on it's knees and fall forward to get to me.

  "Melody?" I heard someone say.

  I looked around, seeing a machete near the tomb entrance and I flipped over into my back, reached to grab it while also keeping an eye on the walker.

  It got on top of me and I held it off with both hands, because one wouldn't have held it back. My arms gave out a bit and I bent my arms, only holding it back by my elbows.

  It got closer and closer to my neck and chomped it's rotting teeth at me, reaching to get a taste of my flesh.

  I let out a struggling noise and heard fast footsteps down the stairs along with a string of curse words. 

  I closed my eyes and tried to muster up the power to push it up again, but before I could, I saw an arrow go through it's head, the blood dripping down on me.

  I let it go and rolled it off of me, bending my knees and bringing my hands to my temples. I sighed and looked up, seeing a hand reaching down to help me up. I took it and pulled myself up meeting Daryl.

  "Thanks." I breathed out. He nodded and got the arrow out of the walker's head. I walked to the other side of the block, examining each walker and finally finding my knife in the side of one's head. I took it out and wiped it off on my pants, then made my way to the door.

  I walked out to see Carl and Maggie with Michonne's arms over their shoulders. They were just outside the gate and they were going slow, because Michonne was limping.

  After a few minutes, Rick, Glenn, Daryl and Hershel came out of the cellblock.

  Carl immediately ran up to Rick and hugged him. Rick hardly hugged him and had a little bit of regret and fear in his eyes for Carl.

  When Carl let go, Rick ushered him back a bit.

  "You shouldn't get so close. We've been exposed to a sickness." He said, gesturing to Daryl, Hershel, Glenn and I. I looked at him win confusion and he gave me a look that said 'I'll explain later'. A feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach and I felt sick, like I was going to puke on someone. I took a deep breath and backed up, sitting on the bench that was behind me. Rick kept his eye on me, watching intently.

  "You okay?" I heard a detached voice say. It sounded like there were six people saying it at once and I couldn't focus on anything. My head was pounding I shook it, putting my hand on my temple, then leaned back a bit. After I was steady and sable, I looked up at the people around me who were staring at me with concern.

  "Melody?" Rick asked. I looked up at him, indicating that I was listening. "You okay?" He asked.

  I nodded my head and got up slowly, walking to cellblock C and going to my cell. I sat on the bed and put my head in my hands.

  Something is wrong with me.

***
Don't forget to vote and let me know if I should do anything different<3

  -Kenzie