The governor

"Is that the prison?" I asked. We stopped and listened. After about a minute, the gunfire stopped then started again. "Come on." I said, running towards the noise.

  We got to the edge of the woods. The rapid fire had stopped and I looked into the field. It was overrun by walkers again.

  We saw a group of walkers huddled around the fence and I tried to see who was in the middle. Rick.

  "Rick!" I yelled, but he didn't hear me.

  Daryl ran up and shot the one that Rick was holding back.

  Rick gave a grateful and happy look when he saw Daryl.

  Merle shouted and started shooting walkers that were outside the fence. I ran around the outside fence, shooting any walkers that were around me and going to the front gate. It was completely torn off. The car in the middle of the field had driven right through it.

  I looked around to see if anyone was in the field and I saw Michonne and Hershel. I stood for a second, trying to comprehend this.

  A truck sped past me right then and I saw Glenn inside. He drove over to Hershel and Michonne and didn't seem to notice me.

  "Hey!" I shouted, waving my hands, but he didn't hear me.

  I ran towards the truck and they got in, driving up to the prison. Once they were in, the gate was shut and walkers surrounded it.

  I ran back to the front gate, but more walkers cut me off. I tried to think of other things to do, so I ran to the bus and pulled at the door. Of course, if was locked and the only other option was a guard tower.

  I ran to the tower and dodged a few walkers, then I opened the door and shut it quickly.

  It wouldn't lock, so I just put my knife through the handle to keep it from opening.

  Right when I did that, walkers started to bang on the door. I let out a breath and went up the stairs. It was pitch black inside and I couldn't see anything until I got to the top.

  I went out to the outside of the top and I looked around for Rick. I spotted him and put my hands up.

"Ri-" I started to shout, but I was cut off by someone putting their hand on my mouth and dragging me to the ground.

  I tried to scream, but they held on tighter. I bit the person's finger and they let go. I got out of their grasp and backed myself up against a wall.

  I looked to see who it was and some random guy was sitting on the floor staring at me.

  "Who are you?" I asked, looking around for a weapon.

  "Hi, I'm Tom." He smiled and held his hand out. I didn't take it and his smile faded.

  "Well you're not too friendly are you?" He frowned and I started to get up. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. See, I didn't want to hurt you, but if you do something stupid, I'm going to have to." He said, getting his knife out and playing with it. He put his gun next to him and kept playing with the knife.

  "What do you want?" I asked, sitting back down. He shrugged.

  "It's simple, I want to live. And in order for that to happen, your buddies can't know I'm here." He pointed down with his knife.

  I sighed and he noticed me eyeing the gun. He picked it up and pointed it at me.

  "Melody!" We heard a faint shout. He raised his eyebrows.

  "Is that you?" I stayed quiet. "Well, it looks like they're never going to find you- well, not alive that is." We heard a few shots and someone pulling at the door. He put his finger to his lips and pointed the gun at my head, then pulled out a zip tie and tied my hands together.

  The door gave and slammed open. Toms eyes widened and he looked down. "Melody?" Someone shouted at the bottom of the stairwell. Tom shoved a cloth in my mouth and pulled me back outside by my hands.

  We went where the window was most blurry and faded and ordered me to climb over the railing and stand on the outside. My eyes widened and I shook my head no. He pointed his gun towards the door that went inside and cocked his head.

  Daryl ran out and saw me. I shook my head and Tom looked at me.

  "I'll shoot him." Tom said. Daryl pulled his gun out and Tom grabbed me, leaning me over the railing.

  "Climb. Over." He ordered. I took a breath, not wanting him to see how scared I was and he let go. I did as he said and stood on the outside of the railing, facing away from it. There was only about 5 inches that I was standing on and I couldn't hold on, because my hands were tied in front of me.

  "I'll drop her." Tom said to Daryl. Tom was the only thing keeping me steady, he was holding onto the back of my shirt.

  "Like hell you will." Daryl said. I couldn't see what was happening, but I saw people running to the fence that lead to the field.

  I couldn't hold back the tears and Tom gave me a small shove, then pulled me back. I screamed into the cloth and looked down. I turned my head to Daryl and he looked defeated.

  I pushed the cloth out of my mouth with my tongue and coughed.

  "Why are you doing this?" I cried.

  "You guys came into my home and killed my family." He said. I grabbed the railing and turned around, holding on with both hands.

  "Please, just let me go. We can just send you on your way and no one has to die." I said. As he was 'thinking about it' I looked down and made sure my feet were in between the floor and the railing enough for me to most likely not fall and I let go of the railing a bit. Tom wasn't looking, but he was still holding my shirt.

I put my hands in front of me and I hit them against my body, breaking the zip tie and I grabbed him by his neck and shoulders. I tried to pull him back, but he was strong and I was about to fall so I had to let go to hold on.

  "You bitch!" Tom elbowed me in the stomach and I lost my breath, then slipped, grabbing the bottom of the railing with both hands. I heard a shot, but I couldn't see what was going on. My hands were sweaty and they were slipping. I was gasping for air and trying to focus of my grip that was turning my knuckles white.

  "Daryl?!" I shouted. I heard footsteps and another shot and someone fell.

  Daryl reached over with a mark on his face and Rick beside him.

  They pulled me up and I clung onto Daryl as soon as I was over who held me tightly. I let go and took a step back, shaking.

I rolled my wrists and looked at Tom on the ground. He was beat up and there was a shot in his neck.

  I walked into the stairwell and grabbed my knife at the bottom, which was now a bit bent. I gave Rick a hug and he led me back to the prison the safest way we could go.

  After all of that, Daryl went with me into the cellblock. We went up the stairs and into my cell. I let out a breath, but I didn't sit down. I just leaned on Daryl and cried.

***

-Kenzie