The Cabin

Melody

  I squinted my eyes as I made an attempt at getting up from the bed. Pain erupted and I fell on my back as memories from the day before flashed in my head. I shot out of bed and changed into a navy green shirt and black knee length shorts. I hurried out into the main area and spotted Lori. I ran up to her and when she saw my face, hers fell.

"How are you feeling?" She said lowly.

"I'm... I don't know" I trailed, skimming through the recent events in my life.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you." She shook her head. She pulled me into a tight hug and I spotted someone tied to a tree. I excused myself from Lori and stomped over to the tree.

  "What is wrong with you?!" I shouted, as I approached Taylor. Once I got to him I slapped him, my face a deep tone of red. He...laughed? My face fell confused, but I clenched my fists and knelt down, grasping his shirt in my hands.

  "You think this is funny?" I growled. He shook his head, still chuckling.

  "You're as stupid as you look." He spat. I scoffed.

  "You're insane. You come onto me after I lost my husband then get mad when you get rejected." I spoke my shock at his actions out loud, dropping his shirt and walking away.

  I realised I'd spent alot of time in the tents and decided to take a walk. I went and got my pocket knife, a dagger, and a pistol. Once I had everything, I sprinted to the woods, slowing to a brisk walk when I got a bit deeper.

  I was walking peacefully, holding a dagger in my hand tightly, when an arrow flew past my face. It got so close, I could feel air from it. I jumped back and hit a tree with the back of my head, cursing under my breath as I got up. My hand rubbed at my head in an attempt to wipe the pain away. I inched my head around a large trunk and a crossbow was set right in between my eyes. I squeaked and put up my hands, dropping the knife. The crossbow lowered and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I bent down to pick up the knife and Daryl just stood there, an angry look filling his eyes.

  "What're you doin' out here?!" Daryl spat.

  "I was trying to go for a walk before you tried to kill me!" I shot back and he scoffed in response.

  I sighed and turned around, walking the other way. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around. Daryl had caught up to me and was walking directly behind me.

  "Where are you goin'?" He asked, continuing to follow me.

  "Why're you following me?" I breathed, not wanting him to be shadowing me.

  "You're gunna get yourself killed." He replied and I scoffed.

  "I think I can handle myself."

  A twig snapped and I paused to listen to where it'd come from. Daryl loaded and held his crossbow up and stealthily moved forward. We found a squirrel and he quietly moved closer to it, shooting it.

  We never split ways and I wound up just hinting with him, ending up with four squirrels and a bird.

  It was around 5, judging from the sun. We found a small cabin and I checked the door. It was open, so I walked in, only to be met by a freak tackling me to the ground. It had grabbed my wrist making me drop my knife when I hit the ground. Daryl ran over and tried to haul the thing off of me, but it was too heavy.

  He grabbed my dagger from the ground, and stabbed it through the side of it's head. I pushed it off of me and got up, dusting my clothes off. I gave a grateful nod and went into the cabin.

  It was a small wooden cabin that was filled with the smell of the dead. I plugged my nose and opened a window. Daryl sat down on the maroon couch and I went into the small kitchen, checking the cabinets and the fridge. I found some crackers and opened them, handing Daryl a few.

  After eating some, I put them down and settled on the queen sized bed. My eyelids suddenly felt heavy and I slowly sunk into a sleep full of anger and fear.

***

  I woke up sweaty and screaming, Daryl shaking me awake.

  "Hey!" He shouted, his shaking coming to halt when my eyes opened wide and I grabbed onto his arm. I shook my head and looked at him, my hands shaking in fear.

  "I'm sorry, I just had a bad dream." I said. He nodded and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

  "I shouldn't have fallen asleep. Should we go back?" I asked, looking out the window and seeing darkness.

  "It's too late. We might as well just stay here tonight." He began to walk out. I anxiously tapped at the bed as he walked out the small room.

  "Wait.. please stay here in the room. I just.. you don't have to, it's just.."

  "Okay." He nodded understandably. He hesitantly sat in the small cushioned seat beside the bed, adjusting himself so he was comfortable and laying his head back.

I soon became lost in my thoughts, forgetting where we were and who I was with, and fell back into sleep.

***
I know that in season one, Daryl would never act like this, but I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible while still adding my own twist to it. So if this is moving too fast, tell me.

Vote!<3

-Kenzie