CDC

Melody

  We arrived at the CDC at sunset, the sun receding quickly. No one wanted to be stuff out there in the dark, so if we were going to get in, it had to be fast.

  Rick hopped out of his car, followed by the rest of the group spilling out of their cars. I left my things in the car, holding onto my gun and walking beside Daryl.

  The group stayed alert as we made our way to the entrance, Rick eager to get to safety. He banged on the door and I turned when I heard a familiar groaning behind us.

  "Walkers!" Shane yelled, and I raised my gun. Daryl got in front of me to shoot them and I dropped my hands, scoffing as he raised his cross bow. People were screaming and shouting, but all I could hear was Rick's attempts to get the door open.

  "Rick there's no one there!" Lori kept yelling, but he had insisted that he had seen the camera move.

  The sun had disappeared behind the trees, night taking over quickly. I moved and raised my gun again, shooting as many as I could, but missing quite a few.

  Shane finally grabbed Ricks arm and pulled him away, and we all started to make our way back to the cars.

  "You're killing us!" Rick repeated.

  He finally turned defeated and stopped when the giant metal door opened and a bright white light shone on us. I stopped my retreat and turned towards the light; the rest followed suit.

  "Oh my God..." I whispered, looking back at the group, then at the open door. We slowly walked in as Daryl and Shane kept working on the walkers.

  "Lets go." Rick snapped back to reality and entered slowly, followed by the rest of the group.

  I looked back towards Daryl and gave him a questionable look. Shane brushed past me and walked inside.

  "What if it's not safe?" I said lowly as Daryl started walking towards me. He shrugged and slung his cross bow on his back.

  "We'll be fine." He said quickly, walking past me and into the large building. I hesitantly followed him, staying on high alert in case something were to happen.

  Inside there was a large room and one man walked out of a hallway with a gun. Rick ushered his family behind him and held his gun tight.

  "Is anyone infected?" The man asked quickly.

  "No. Where is everyone?" Rick asked.

  "Who are you?" The man asked, ignoring Rick's question.

  "We are looking for a safe place. Maybe you know what happened, since this is the CDC." Lori spoke up.

  "You need to leave." The man said.

  "No please. It's not safe out there. We have women and children. We can't leave now." Rick argued. The man sighed.

  "I'm going to need blood samples to insure that none of you are infected." He lowered his gun and motioned towards the door. "If you want to bring anything I would suggest you get it now, because once those doors close, there's no opening them back up." He turned to walk away.

  "Wait, we don't know what your name is?" Rick called out. The man stopped.

  "Dr. Jenner." He looked back then motioned for us to get our things. We all ran out and I ran to the back of Daryl's car and opened the back, grabbing two pairs of jeans and 2 shirts that I don't care about in case things go bad.