Lost

I woke up and I was leaning forward. I felt something running down the side of my head and my hand. I looked up and saw that the glass was shattered and we were crashed into a tree.

  Everything came flooding into my mind and I struggled to get my seat belt off. I looked around and it was still day, but there were walkers that were approaching. I looked in the driver's side and there was an airbag deployed, but no one there, just blood on the seat.

  I sighed and kept trying to get the seat belt off, but it was jammed. I started to panic and I reached in the back, twisting my body and grabbing my knife from my bag, cutting the seat belt. It retracted back into the car and I kicked the door open with my right leg and got out quickly.

  I grabbed everything I could from the back and left all of the doubles except for essentials. I hurried and shut the door, holding everything tight in my arms. I walked as quickly as I could into the woods until I found a small clearing. I set everything down and set up a tent, a place for a fire, and I wrapped a metal wire with cans and noisy things far enough from me to be able to hear, but not close enough to get myself killed.

  I organized everything else into my bag and took out anything I didn't need and some food and water. After everything was settled, I began to dig a small hole before starting a fire. I looked at the bandage on my hand, seeing blood seeping through. Slowly, I unwrapped it, examining the wound. It was bleeding profusely, but didn't look dirty or infected.

  I poured some water on it and wrapped it back up, praying that it would heal okay. For now I could at least move my thumb and index, so that seemed like a good sign.

  I sat down on the ground in front of the tent and took out a small, dirty mirror, looking at my head. There was blood running down the side of my head and seeping through my hair. I didn't feel anything, so I didn't think too much of it, I just put a wet rag on it and layed down. It wasn't dark just yet, but it looked like it would be soon. I got out some granola bars and stale chips and ate those.

  I sighed and closed my eyes, letting the silence take over and fill my body with a warm presence. I felt okay.

  ***

"Smile darling!" My mom said, holding a camera in my face.

  I threw on a cheery smile, laughing at the fact that she almost seemed more excited than me. I felt my hair being tugged at and I looked in the mirror, seeing Elise give me an apologetic smile. I grinned and she carried on.

  "In less than 24 hours you'll be a bride!" She exclaimed. I laughed and everything seemed perfect.

  She finished with my hair and stood back while I got up.

  "You look so beautiful." My mom smiled. A few tears fell down her face as she cupped her cheeks. I looked up in an attempt to dry my tears as I felt a knot forming in my throat.

  "Don't cry mom, 'cause then I'll cry and my makeup is going to be ruined." I said, fanning my eyes. She chuckled and I handed her a napkin.

  I turned to Elise and gasped at the sight. She was on the ground with a wooden spear poking through her stomach. My hand flew to my mouth and I backed up into my mom who had turned. The walls weren't white anymore, blood spilled through every crack.

  My hair hung down to my waist and blood soaked it. My mom got closer and tears dropped down my face but I didn't feel fear. A gun appeared in my hand and I held it up, pulling the trigger. As soon as the bullet left the gun, the room switched. I looked ahead and my mom was standing there with the rest of my family dead behind her. Tears were rolling down her face and three words left her mouth.

  "You killed us." A sharp pain erupted in my stomach and I looked down, seeing the tip of a dagger stabbing through. Tears were streaming down my face and I started to fall, grabbing onto whoever I could reach. My hands found Daryl and I looked up with pleading eyes.

  "H-help." I breathed out. He looked at me with disgusted eyes and dropped me. As soon as I hit the ground I snapped back into consciousness.

***

  I shot up, sweaty and panicked. Fear washed over me and my chest felt like I was falling.

  I took in a deep breath and looked around, grabbing my knife off the ground and putting it in my belt. I looked up to see that the sun was coming up and it was time to pack my things up. It was going to be a long couple of days.

  I packed everything up and shoved it into my large bag, starting my way back to the road. I found a railroad track instead and a sign stood next to it. "Sanctuary for all, community for all. Terminus" it read.

  I smiled and hope filled me. They would go there to find the rest of us.

  I turned towards the direction of this sanctuary and started to walk. I eventually found things like candy rappers and just random trash around the track, indicating that someone been around with in the last few days.

I walked for hours on end and got to a small building to the left of the tracks. I walked up to it and opened the door, immediately hitting the smell of dead. I looked to the side and saw a dead guy with an arrow through his head. I decided that instead of going in there and seeing what could be at the other side of the door, I'd keep going.

After a few more hours of just walking and walking, I stopped again at an intersection. I set up a perimeter of empty cans and things that would make noise on the outskirts of the woods and started a fire. It was dark and I was exhausted after an entire day of walking. Right when I was about to fall asleep, something triggered the cans.

I got up quickly and got my knife out, walking towards a walker that was stuck on the rope. I stabbed it and moved it to the side, walking back to my fire and laying back down.

***

~Kenzie

I'm not in the best mood rn so I'm sorry if my writing is terrible.

Happy pride everyone!!! I believe I'm writing chapter 96 right now? But I'm adding something soon that think you guys might like.

Written- 2017/2018?
Published- 2019