War

We had started to walk back and Daryl hadn't said anything yet. I found a car in the road and it was fully functional, there was just another car blocking it.

I got behind the car and Daryl helped me push it out of the way. There was a walker that had been trapped underneath it, so I killed it and moved it aside.

Daryl got in the passengers side and I got behind the wheel, turning the car on and driving to the prison.

  Once we got there, Daryl went to go talk to Rick and I went into my cell, putting my things down and sitting on the bed. I learned that in the morning we were going to pack our things and get ready for them to come.

I sighed and got up, getting my emergency bag and my other bag. I walked out and down to the cars, loading my things in, in case this goes south. Rick wanted me to with Hershel, Carl, Judith and Beth, but I wanted to stay and fight.

He gave me full body armor and put me up with Maggie and Glenn up in the safest place you could be for a thing like this. We were going to let them in and drive them out.

I walked past Daryl to get a gun and he was knelt next to his bike. Carol was leaning on the wall behind him. He stayed quiet for the most part, glancing at me for a moment, then looking back down.

I went to the bucket of guns and grabbed a rifle, a box of ammo and made sure it was full, as well as my pistol.

I sighed and looked around to see if I was missing anything, then decided to go into the cellblock to look to see if there was anything else.

I walked up the stairs and into my cell, grabbing my ring and a Polaroid of Rick and I off of my dresser, then I heard the cars drive away faintly.

Almost as soon as they left, I heard an explosion followed by gunshots and more explosions. I felt the ground shake and I crouched down, moving quickly to the stairs.

I didn't want to risk the governor coming and seeing me, so I took the tombs to my post. I navigated my way through until I heard footsteps and I stopped dead in my tracks. There were a lot of footsteps, so I stealthily made my way away from them.

I felt like someone was watching me as I made my way around corners. I got closer to my post and heard someone right around the corner of me, so I backed up in the shadows against a wall and listened closely. There were no walkers over here so it had to be a person.

I held my breath and waited in silence, but after about a minute I heard more explosions, gunfire and screams. I slid down the wall and put my hands over my ears, trying to stay calm. I took a quiet, deep breath and the alarm start to go off. All the noise around me made me want to scream, but I held my hands to my ears and squeezed my eyes shut.

I knew that I was close to the post and after a few minutes I decided that I couldn't stay here much longer, so I ran towards my post, finally finding the door that lead to it.

As soon as I opened the door I heard someone behind me. I locked eyes with Maggie, and I gave her a scared look. I took in a sharp breath and reached for my knife, but it wasn't there anymore. By the time I had realized that, it was too late.

I felt something pierce my right shoulder and I let out a scream, whipping around and punching whoever had done that. The person was hidden by the shadows and they punched me back. I was taken aback and I looked at my shoulder, seeing the knife still there. I took it out slowly, screaming hoarsely and clenching my jaw. I got it out and tried slashing at him. I felt the knife cut his stomach and he fell down. I sat on the steps that led up to my post, breathing heavily. I grabbed my shoulder and winced, then I ripped a piece of my shirt off and wrapped it around the wound. I heard a lot of gunshots and shouting, so I shot up and ran up to my post that I shared with Maggie.