Made to suffer

I held a shovel and followed Beth and Axel out to hand them to the people who had just arrived. They were burying their dead. I gave my shovel to Beth and walked down to the field with a pole that was leaning against the fence.

  I couldn't sleep all night. I was so worried about everyone because they were gone for so long.

  I went in the walkway that was in between the two surrounding fences I started to kill walkers through the fence and after about an hour I heard a car engine. I watched Carol and Carl open the gates for them and Rick got out.

I ran up to the prison behind the car. They parked and everyone filed out. I saw Glenn, Maggie, the girl.. no Daryl. I turned to Rick with a confused face and Carol and Carl walked away from him.

"Where's Daryl?" My voice cracked.

"He's gone." He looked down.

"What do you mean he's gone?!" I asked, I felt a lump forming in my throat and my eyes were glossy.

"He's alive." He looked up and I let out a breath of relief. "They caught him so we had to go back in to get him out. Merle was there and Daryl wanted to bring him with us, but we weren't going to come back with him. So Daryl went with him." I took a deep breath, a tear falling from my eye.

"Where did he go?" I asked. "He just left? Gone?" I tried to wrap my mind around it.

"I'm sorry." He said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

  "I don't understand.. what did he say?" I asked.

  "'No him, no me..'" He said lowly, looking down and shifting his weight. I exhaled and shook my head, tears pooling in my eyes again. Rick opened his arms and I leaned into him, taking deep breathes. He rubbed my back and I let go, thinking.

"Where's Woodbury?" I asked.

"Why?" He looked at me concerned.

"If I know where that is, I could back track and try to find him." I said. He shook his head.

"No, I'm not letting you go looking for him. The last thing he told me before he left was to take care of the baby, Carl and you. I'm not letting you go out." He protested.

"Fine." I gave up and walked inside, going up to my cell. I looked in my bag and saw my dad's gun and I put my mom's gun on the table. I had a box of ammo and my knife was in my belt. I also had a little bit of food.

I took anything extra out and slung it over my shoulder, then decided that I only really needed some extra ammo because I was going to bring him right back. I walked into the back entrance of the tombs and towards the boiler room, killing any walkers that I saw.

I found the boiler room and went out of the prison from there, finding a gapping hole in the back of the prison and the fence was down.

I ran into the woods and went to the path without being seen. I ran along the road for a mile or two and took out a map. I trailed my finger along the road until I saw an establishment a few miles north.

I took a shortcut through the woods and kept my eyes peeled in case I saw Daryl or anyone.

I kept walking and sighed when I didn't come across anything. I heard a twig snap behind me and whipped around, seeing a walker. I backed up a bit and took my knife out, stabbing it and putting my knife away.

I took a hair tie off my wrist and flipped my head over, putting my hair in a ponytail. I stood up straight and was met by a gun in my face. I reached for my knife.