You again

I woke up and walked over to my bag, putting my boots on and getting ready for Elise to come and let us know if there was a permanent spot for us to stay. John wasn't awake yet, so I just sat my bag on the bed and picked up my camera. I pointed it at random things and snapped multiple pictures.

I sighed and looked at the row of photos that I had laid on the dresser. I picked out my favorite, which was a picture of John, unfocused and still asleep and the focus was on the mirror and dresser behind him where you could see me distinctly. I slid it into my pocket and left the rest, putting my Polaroid back into my bag. I made sure everything was in my bag and zipped it up.

I put it next to the wall and opened the sliding door that lead to the porch in the back.

I looked up at the trees and clouds and looked back, realizing I had left the door open. I shrugged it off and took in this peaceful moment. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. It was so quiet.. then it wasn't.

I felt a hand go over my mouth and my eyes snapped open. I tried to pry off the hand, but they had a tight hold. I looked around and saw a small hole in the bottom of the wall.

Another arm grabbed my waist and held my arms down. Whoever had me started to drag me backwards. I stayed calm even though my heart was pounding, but once I got picked up and carried towards the hole, I started to freak and kicked around. The person holding me held my nose as well and I couldn't breathe. I started to try to scream and squirm, but the person lowered me down and wrapped a belt around my arms and waist to keep me from moving. The hand was replaced by a cloth in my mouth and the person revealed themself. Taylor sat in front of me, crawling through the hole and grabbing my legs to pull me through. I squirmed and kicked, but he didn't seem to even care.

After I was through, he pulled my bag through and stood up, pulling me up with him. He dragged me over around the back and pulled out a string. We approached the cars in the back and he let go of me giving me a 'move and I'll hurt you' look. I stayed frozen in fear and he walked up to my car and put the string in the door, somehow hooking it around the button and unlocking that door.

He opened it and unlocked the car, coming back to me and pulling me harshly towards the car then shoving me in the passengers side. He closed the door and walked around to the drivers' side. He got in and backed up, then drove away from the town.

  I mumbled something into the cloth in my mouth.

"What?" Taylor asked, not taking his eyes off the road. I gave him a "really?" look and he turned his head, chuckled to him self and took the cloth out.

  I took in a deep breath and turned towards him, trying to wiggle loose from the rope that was around me.

  "Where are you taking me?" I asked. He shrugged.

  "Anywhere safe for me, but isolated for you maybe?" He looked like he was in the middle of plotting some evil scheme.

  I looked out the window and remembered my bag in the back directly behind the passenger side. I had decided that he would see me if I used my left hand, so I reached my bad hand down a bit, acting like I was just repositioning my self. I snuck my hand down into a small pocket and pulled out my pocket knife with the two fingers I could move. I shoved it into my back pocket and sighed, facing Taylor again.

  "My leg hurts." I mumbled to myself.

  "Good." He smiled. I shook my head and scoffed and he just grinned to himself. I sighed and looked out the window, humming to myself.

  ***

  After a few hours Taylor pulled the car over and parked it next to the bus from the prison. My eyes lightened up when I saw it, but saddened when I saw the dead bodies all around it.

  He got out of the car and got in the bus, looking for anything to scavenge. I scanned the faces of the bodies and thankfully didn't see anyone I knew.

  I remembered about the pocket knife in my jeans and grabbed it out with my left hand, opening the knife part of it.

  I bent my arm on a way that it shouldn't be bent and I cut the rope. It loosened around me and I grabbed the back with both hands, after shoving the knife in my pocket again, not closing it. He got back in the car, mumbling something about it sucking for them and drove off again.

  I waited a few minutes and let the rope slowly fall, then readied the knife in my left hand. I took in a deep breath and squeezed the knife in my hand, then in an instant, the knife was in his shoulder. He screamed out in pain and grabbed his shoulder.

  He wasn't really in control anymore, so the car swerved and went off the road. I held onto the handle above me with my good hand and braced myself as we sped straight for a tree. I squeezed my eyes shut and put my head to the side. We slammed into the tree with a smack and everything went black.

***

So pretty much all I ever listen to is marvel scores, and I 15/10 recommend it. I now know them all by heart and can pinpoint where each one came from and the scene without looking at the title.

~Kenzie