5. Diving

---Ashton---

This is it. This is my one chance to make things right. I've done this retreat once before and it was a great experience. It really helped me to regroup and remember who I am. That's why I brought the band this time. We really need to find ourselves, and our friendship again. They aren't just my mates, they're my brothers, my family. I can't let anything or anyone stand in the way of setting this right.

I'm trying not to look into it too much yet; we just got here, but honestly, I'm worried. Calum's been a real dick, Luke hasn't said a word, and my own thoughts have been centered around this purple haired bombshell that's walking in front of me right now. At least Michael is still Michael! He likes to say that I forced him into this, but deep down I know he'd do anything for Calum. But we've got just two months to make this right. Or else 5 Seconds of Summer will fall apart before we really even get started!

---Kelly---

Two months. Two months in the Rocky Mountains in a tent, surrounded literally by a bunch of guys who drive me insane? And what's the point of this? To "find" myself? I know who I am! It's my parents who can't accept it! Yet I'm the one who loses out on what was going to be the most epic summer yet. How fair is that?

We reach the campsite again and place our belongings in our tents, then meet up at the large fire pit in the middle of the site where sandwiches and bottled water are distributed for lunch.

"You have free time to look around and familiarize yourself with our surroundings before we get down to business. We will meet back here at sunset to discuss your individual responsibilities over the next two months," our guide tells us. "But before you disperse, there is one major rule that cannot be broken under any circumstance. Nobody leaves the site alone. Buddy system is in effect. Now go enjoy!"

I groan. Buddy system? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm almost 18, not 12! What am I supposed to do? Be a fifth wheel with four Aussies? Not what I had in mind. I start to look around at the other people I'm stuck here with and no one stands out as a "buddy." This is so miserable and it's only Day 1! I really wish Mel was here.

"Hey Kelly!" I'm snapped out of my misery by Michael's loud voice. I look over to him quizzically. "We're going swimming! You coming?" he asks, wiggling his eyebrows. Oh my god he's such a flirt! But the idea of seeing Ashton shirtless is too tempting to pass up.

"You bet!" I answer. Okay, I didn't intend for that much excitement to show through in my voice! I dig through my bag to find a bikini. I packed a few and I have to wear the right one. I can't make it obvious that I want Ashton's attention, but I have to look good. I decide on my navy blue and white striped bikini top. It has a bow that wraps around the center, scrunching it in together, and has just enough lift to really make my boobs stand out. I grab the navy blue bottoms with the strings that attach the front to the back, my white lace coverup and my beach towel then dart off to the shower house to change. After I'm dressed, I throw my clothes into my tent and I can feel all their eyes on me. Yes!

"Are we ready?" I ask them.

"Let's go!" Ashton says and heads down to the water with Calum. Okay, I was hoping he'd end up behind me, but oh well. Michael tries to wrap his arm around my waist but I pretend to trip in order to get away, laughing at myself, just to make it more believable. I admit that was kind of mean, but there's only one set of arms I want around me. And he just so happens to be walking in front of me.

When we reach the sandy, rocky beach, I spread out my towel then remove my coverup. As I head to the water, I see Ashton staring as he's taking his shirt off. It takes every bit of strength I have to keep walking. Holy shit shit shit! Don't look don't look! I have to fall back on my best defense mechanism, being overdramatic! I run into the lake up to my knees and squeal.