38. Out for drinks

---Ashton---

I loved getting all those pictures from Lauren yesterday. They looked like they had a lot of fun, and it makes me feel really good to see that. But what I really loved, was the picture mum sent me. I woke up this morning to a picture of Kelly asleep in my bed at home. I know it was my bed because of the Captain America sheets. Don't judge! Captain America is badass!

"YO ASHTON!" Michael smacks me to get my attention.

"Hu? What?"

"Dude, I can't do this anymore. I can't keep talking to Tracy like nothing's wrong. I'm done. I need to straight up ask her. Ohmygod is that Tiger in your bed?" He's leaning over my phone now, smiling. I nod. Seeing her in my bed makes me miss her so fucking much. And with the trial next week, it is absolutely killing me being here.

"Ashton?"

"What?" I spaced out again. Dammit.

"Dude, what is wrong with you? You've been out of it for days."

"Sorry, um, yeah sure, whatever."

"Good! I need to just ask her."

Wait, what? Oh fuck.

---Kelly---

I almost forgot where I was, but the smell of Ashton on his pillow reminded me right away.

"Pssst.. Are you awake yet Kelly?" Lauren whispers from the doorway. I giggle and sit up. I bring Ashton's pillow up into my lap with me, hugging it close to my face, trying not to be obvious that I'm taking in his scent, as I tell her good morning. She looks at me strangely at first then it clicks in what I'm doing. "He misses you, too, ya know!" I smile at her and put his pillow away before getting out of his bed. I wish I could just stay right here for the next month. Every day gets harder and harder.

We go downstairs and Anne is making breakfast. She asks me to stay, and I can't say no when Harry's pouting with his bottom lip out.

After breakfast I hug them all goodbye and hurry home to skype with Ashton. But when I log on, he's not on. I texted him before I left his moms to let him know I'd be on. I don't think much of it, and then turn on the TV to old Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns.

***********************

---Ashton----

"Why did you ask her? Oh my god! Of course she'd deny it. She knows you and Kel are close! The trial's in a week! We can't let Kelly know about this. She's stressed out enough as it is!"

"Whatever dude. I'm done with Tracy. I gave her a chance to come clean. Fuck her!"

Shit. I need to get on skype now and act like nothing's wrong. Rigggght! I'll try. I log on and connect a call.

---Kelly---

Ashton is acting really weird. I can't place why, but I know something's wrong. Every time I ask him though, he snaps at me. It really scares me because he's never been this way before. We end the call much sooner than we normally would and I lock myself in my room. I can't handle this right now. The trial's in a week and I'm really nervous. I can't handle Ashton being closed off with me. I crank up my music and drown my thoughts in Alex Gaskarth. Ashton never calls back and I don't try calling him either.

The next morning he doesn't reply to me, or over my lunch. When Amanda asks me what's wrong, I just tell her it's stress about the trial. It's in one week, and it's partially the truth. When our shift ends, Steve asks if I want to go grab a drink with him. My stress levels are through the roof right now, so I agree.