31. Funeral

---Ashton---

"One word gives me an uneasy feeling. Why did the word London keep coming through?" Oh... shit! I look to Michael for help, but he's looking at me the same way. We're both at a loss on how to handle this.

"Uh, how about we get through tomorrow first?" Michael finally says. Thank you Mikey!

"Tomorrow?"

"The funeral," I tell her. She takes a deep breath, "Okay."

"Um, so, I think I'm going to go home and get some sleep Tiger. Let you and Ash have some time. I'll see you tomorrow, right?" he asks her. We're both happy to see Kelly out of her empty shell, but I think we're both afraid that she could go back at any time. She nods her head with a small smile and he says goodbye, leaving Kelly and I alone in her room.

"You need sleep Ash," Kelly tells me. I know that I do, but I'd rather just be with her.

"What do you say we take a hot bath first?" I suggest. That always helps to ease her, and I can hold her, which is all I want right now. Her face lights up with a smile and she heads across the hall into the bathroom. I follow behind her and I start the water. She undresses and climbs into the water without a word. I'm not sure if she wants me to join her or just be alone right now. She has me second guessing everything right now.

"Are you going to get in, or just watch me?" she says with a smirk. I quickly get undressed and climb in behind her. She immediately leans herself back into my chest and it makes my insides ignite. I wrap my arms around her and kiss the top of her head. "I love you so much Kelly."

"I love you too Ash. You know, the words that really pushed me through were Ash loves you, Ash needs you."

We sat in the bath for a long time. I gave her a shoulder massage and held her tight for quite awhile before the water got too cold. I hopped out and wrapped a towel around my waist, then held one out for her and wrapped her up in it. I drain the tub and grab our clothes as we go back to her room. I shut and lock the door behind me as she drops her towel and climbs into bed naked. Oh my lord. She holds open the blankets for me so I remove my towel and climb in as well. As soon as I do, she lays her head on my chest, tangling our legs together, and wraps her arm around my waist, her nakedness pressing tight against me. Holding her like this feels so incredible, the bond we share seems so much more intense, tangible even. That's probably why she wanted to sleep this way. It takes me less than two minutes before I am asleep.

I wake up the next morning to a set of beautiful blue eyes watching me. "Mmmm good morning baby!"

"Good morning." Still love that morning voice! "Um, Ash? What time's the, uh, what time do we need to be there?"

"1:00" I look to see it's only 8am so there's plenty of time to get ready. "Did you sleep alright babe?"

She shrugs before explaining, "It's hard to sleep. I close my eyes and hear the doctors words over and over. He was ten years old Ash! TEN! He didn't deserve that! He didn't deserve to die." For the first time since that night, she cries. As much as I hate to see her cry, I know that she cannot keep it bottled up inside. She needs to cry. She needs to feel the pain. She needs to grieve. I wrap my arms around her and gently rub her arm, reminding her that I'm here for her. It's going to be a long day today.

*********************

---Kelly---

Ashton and I arrive early so we can greet everyone with my parents and Mark as they arrive. Ashton doesn't want to intrude, but I need him with me. I can't do this without him by my side, literally.