The Call

"Will you just breathe!? For once!?"

"But it's been three days! Three days and not a single call, missed call or a message for heavens sake!" I said.

I was really freaking out. I thought maybe I messed it up.. But the audition went absolutely fine. I could see their happy faces and I could say they did like me.

I was sitting in front of the window of my little apartment in Andheri East and my best friend Brsha had come over to check on me.

Brsha and I became friends when I first came to Mumbai, 3 years back. She and I were inseparable soulmates and I loved her a lot but right now she wasn't of any help to me.

"Listen, what if they have finalized someone else? What if they didn't like me? What if.."

"What if they are just dialing your number? Eh? How would that be?" she gave a faint laugh to me and went outside the room.

"Don't kid with me right now Brsh, I really am tensed" saying that I got up and went into the kitchen and started making some coffee for us.

*trinnngggggg* rang my phone.

"Woah!" I ran so fast like I just turned into one those marathon runners dropping the coffee mug and spilling all that was in it on the floor.

"Hello?" Said the voice.

"Umm.. Yeah hello"

"Is this Niti Taylor I'm talking to?"

"Yea.. Yeah its me." I said, hoping for it to be the call I've been waiting for.

"Miss. Taylor I am calling from BBC productions and I wanted to tell you that you have been finalized for the role of our main lead in our upcoming project."

And that was enough said. I couldn't control my excitement, I was so happy! Dancing my 'happy dance' I realized that I had a call on..

"Yes, Thank you. Thank you so much!"

"So Miss Taylor we would like for you to come and have a look test again with the main lead of the show. We took so long in finalizing him that's why we didn't call you sooner."

"Yeah.. It's fine. No problem. But when do I come?"

"Tomorrow morning 10.30am. Sharp."

"Yes okay I'll be there."

"Okay." Saying that the man on the other side of the phone cut the call and I was screaming with excitement! Doing my 'happy dance' I was jumping.

"Easyyyy there girl what got into you? Less that 5 minutes ago, you were almost in depression."

"Where were youuu??" I pulled her by her shoulders and hugged her tight!

"I went to the washroom but what happened?? Did they call or what?"

"How do you knowww? I am so happy I'm finally selected! Brshh!!"

"Yay baby taylor partayy time!"

It had been a long time since I found any work. The last show I did was 'Bade Acche Lagte Hain' and that was around a year ago. I had been wanting to work but no suitable role was there for me. And finally today after so long I got a role as the main lead for the BBC productions and MTV India.

"So, where's my treat?" asked brsha. And yes, I did owe her one! It was a happy day and celebrations were surely happening!