Visit to the Past

*SPLASH!*

"Woah!! Niti what the hell!" I woke up from my sleep as someone splashed a bucket full of water on my face.

"Wake up lover boy, it's not Niti. Akku hoon." I realized that I had taken her name. Her name. Even in my unconscious state I thought of her. She wasn't ready to leave my mind!

I was back at Pune after I had left Mumbai forever. I swore to never visit that place. Those sets. Her memories. I wanted to keep away from everything that reminded me of her, but how do I get her out of my brain and my stupid heart!?

She was gone, nowhere to be seen. I tried looking for her but she was nowhere. That morning after our break-up when I came back home she was missing, her stuff was missing. I searched her everywhere. Even though I hated her, I searched every place where she could have been. I went to the studio hoping to find her there or to find any clue of her. There I was told by the production that they had called her to renew her contract and she didn't sign the new one. She said she wanted to leave. "She was with that guy who visited her daily on sets."said the production guy."I knew it! Who else could she be with! Of course the guy who meant the world to her!"

"What the hell akku! Kya hai tujhe!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Ye jo maine kiya na, this was nothing. You should be thrown off a cliff you moron! Jerk!"she blabbered some more abuses to me.

"Kya kiya Maine? Subha subha you're irritating me." I said as I woke up from my bed yawing.

"Parth, stop pretending to be normal okay? I know you're awful. Halat dekh apni! Sookh ke kaanta ho gaya hai, khata nahi, baat nahi karta seedhe muh, poora din bed pe padha rehta hai, kaam dhaam chodh kar vapas aa gaya hai what the hell do you think you are doing!?" She yelled at me.

"I'm fine. Who said I'm pretending?" I shrugged.

"Parth seriously? You know you need her! You know she needs you the most! Jo uska condition hai abhi.. Parth don't you realize apni mistakes at all? Zara sa bhi tujhe realization hai ke nahi!?"she went on shouting and I turned a deaf ear to her.
I went into the bathroom to take a bath.

"Parth seriously tu ek din regret karega bahut zyada ki tune pehle kyun nahi suni kisi ki baat! Remember that!" She banged the door behind and left the room.
I ignored whatever she said. I didn't want to listen to anyone. I didn't want to realise anything, I wanted to be left alone.

----

"Maa! Main ja raha hoon!" I shouted so that she could hear my voice from inside the kitchen.

"Parth nahi! Wait." She walked out of the kitchen with Akanksha. Why hadn't she left yet. She had began to annoy me a lot lately. The more I wanted to forget her, Akanksha made sure that she never left my mind even for once! "Parth aaj tu kahin nahi jayega.. Today we are talking!" My mom said in her 'I am damn serious about this' tone. I didn't want to argue with mom even so I listened to her.

"Talk about what?" I said as I sat on the cough.

"About Niti." Niti. The name was like music to my ears, I hated the fact that just her name could calm a part of me. From the time I had returned she had just been mentioned as 'her' and 'she'. No one took her name. I never took her name until today when Akku splashed water on me, because that was how she woke me up for the last time when we were together.

"Parth beta please, kab tak aise karega? Kab tak apni ego ko apne relation ke beech mein laayega? Kab tak tu usko and khud ko hurt karta rahega? Kab tak? Parth kya haal bana liya hai apna.. Na zyada bolta, na kuch karta hai.. Kaam bhi chodh ke aa gaya vapas.. Sara din ya toh apne room mein locked rahega ya toh bahar chale jayega.. Why are you punishing yourself like that? Why aren't you understanding that you need her! Parth more than you need her, she needs you! She's having your child Parth! Usko pregnant karke akela chodh diya tune! Just because of your insecurities! Just because you are still holding on to your past!" My mother literally yelled at me. She liked her a lot. I had brought her home just once and she had connected to my mother instantly.