Something Different

"Accha I will be back by evening and please take care." He kissed my forehead and took his car keys and left the house.

"Okay."

He had to go to Mumbai for some paperwork with his university.. or so he said.

I was alone in that big house of ours. His mother was away for a week and his best friend who was my companion always was busy with her office work. So I had the house by myself. "Let's cook your daddy something delicious today" I said caressing my ever bulging stomach. Though it wasn't yet round as a ball but it was big enough for my tiny figure. I walked into the kitchen and indulged into cooking something nice for dinner. The day didn't seem to end, I was so used to Parth's presence around me that without him everything was dull and boring. I wait for the day to end soon and for him to return back. He hadn't called me even once since he had left the house at 2 in the afternoon. It was 6pm now and not a single text message, no phone call, nothing. He didn't receive my phone with I tried calling him up. I was getting worried with every passing second. I lay on the couch lazily, watching TV, eating whatever that was in the house and waiting for him. I watched the clock tick for hours and he still didn't show up. I decided to call someone at Mumbai who could check upon him so I ringed up Ayaz.

"Hi Ayaz.." I said.

"Nitiii wattup? How's baby boyyy?" he said sounding all excited.

"Aha! The baby boy is absolutely perfect!" I said smiling.

"And tumhara doosra baccha? Mera matlab hai vo bada baccha..?" he giggled.

"Haaan Ayaz vo he is in Mumbai only.."

"Idhar? Bataya bhi nahi yaar.." he said in a complaining tone.

"About that.. Can you please find him? I mean... I don't know I'm worried.. He isn't picking my phone and he didn't even call me once.. He left in the afternoon and abhi tak bhi nahi aaya.. Pata nahi kahan hai.." I said getting all tensed up.

"Accha accha don't stress, main dekhta hoon, I'll see where I can find him and I'll call you back .."

"Okay.." I said and cut the call. I was getting restless now. I had no clue as to where he was and he wasn't even picking his phone! It was around 8pm when the door bell ringed.

"Parth I will kill you today!" I said shouting from inside the house and rushed to open the door."

"SUPRISE!!" A wide smile took over my lips as I saw them all embrace me into warm hug one after the other. Charlie, Ayaz, Veebha, Kriss, Uttu everyone was there.

"Guys tum log yahan?" I said getting surprised by their surprise.

"Tu toh humein bula nahi rahi thi, toh humne socha hum aa jaate hai.. Chotu baby se milne.." said Charlie as she bent down to meet the living soul inside my tummy.

It was a nice warm feeling to have so many people at our place. The dull, quite house lit up in just seconds of their arrival. They all walked in and settled themselves onto the couch. They had already been here many times.. Back in time during shoot days Parth had brought his friends over to his place, his friends and not me. This was when we were not friendly with each other. I was walking down the memory lane and another smile, wider than before took over the one that rested on my lips. I thought of how time flies.. there was once when he and I were having cold wars amongst ourselves, hating each other, not wanting to see the sight of the other and now we couldn't start our day without each other. It was when his thought crossed my mind that I was reminded that he wasn't back yet. I tried ringing him up again and heard his phone ring. He was behind me at the door.

"Parth! What is this nonsense? Kabse I'm calling you.. Do you even care!!?" I charged at him while he was still standing outside.
He walked in, bent down a little and dropped a light peck over my lips. My cheeks flushed turning crimson red. I felt nice.. but embarrassed! The people at our place were an audience to this PDA of his.
I heard them hooting and awing as I widened my eyes at him.