Fighting the Lost Battle

"I don't know, I didn't like anything." I said.
"Accha okay, mom is sending a designer to your place, just try out the clothes he has in store." said Tushar.

"Okay. Bye." I said.

"Niti Niti wait.." He stopped me before I cut the call.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure about this? Soch le ek baar phirse.. Please don't make decisions just for the heck of it. Its a life long commitment Niti. Think about it again. Please." He said.

"I'm.."

"Don't say you're fine with this and you want this and blah blah blah! I know you don't want this. Teri voice se he pata chalta hai what you want. I know aunty ne tujhe kaha hai and I know you're doing this for uncle aunty.."

"Tushaaar! Cut the crap. You can back out if you want but I cannot! You can have a reason, valid or invalid but I cannot have even a valid reason for backing out. Mumma phirse hurt ho jayegi, phirse royegi and papa ko kya bolungi? I know Tushh, its not your baby, I know its very difficult for you that is why you can say a no to this affair. But I can't.. Anyways we'll talk later, bye." saying that I cut the call. For once I wanted him to think over it and cancel this wedding drama. I could not say anything to mom about this or else she'd start with her emotional blackmail and flood the whole town! Moreover, I didn't want to hurt her again. I had already disappointed her as a daughter, I couldn't again do that. I had committed for this, and I had to do it. But I did hope for a miracle to happen!

----

"Niti! Your clothes are here! Come down !" Mom called me downstairs.
I was sitting in my sister's room to avoid trouble. Trouble that was inside my room, locked up. He someone how loved being in there but I felt bad, though I hadn't given up fighting yet I didn't like him locked up that way. Ugh! Why did he had to come? My brain wasn't ready to give up. It was ready for another battle, a last battle which I wanted to lose.

"Maa please yaar.." I heard my sister say that when I walked out of her room.

"Kya hua?" She looked irritated.

"Mom happened. What else? I'm going in, I'll sleep. You stay out." She stepped into her room and locked the door without even waiting for my reply.

"Di lekin I have to try some clothes, I would need your room..." I knocked the door.

"Niti yaar apne room mein ja! Please! Let me sleep my brain will burst!" She shouted.

I went downstairs into the kitchen, and asked my mother. "Mom why is she boiling ?"

"Niti not right now, go try your clothes. In fact wait, I'll come with you to your room and I'll help you choose."

"No no no no no!" I freaked out. "Nahi mumma main kar loongi khud choose, I mean... Di hai na, main uski help le loongi." I couldn't let her come to my room where that monster was.

"Lekin kyunn? I will help you na, you try and come out and show me.." She insisted.

"Mumma nahi na.. Main.."

"Ya you can do nothing! Kal tum dono behene gayi thi.. Kya lekar aayi? Kuch nahi! Just go to your room.. There's so less time left jaldi jao" she pushed me out of the kitchen.

Okay, this was a big problem. I rushed up to my sister's room and knocked, rather banged the door but I got no reply. "Di ye sone ka time nahi hai!" I was panicking. Next I went to my room and again knocked.

"Kholo jaldi!" I hurriedly knocked at the door.

"Password?" Gah! There was no time for this shit!