Days that followed

"Where do I put this into?" he asked for the 29th time.

"Parth! In the white bowl.. There!" I said pointing at the white bowl kept on the kitchen counter.

Well I had very nicely thought of experimenting today. I had thought I'd teach Parth how to bake a chocolate cake but now, right in this moment, I felt like I myself have forgotten how to do that. The crystal clear kitchen of my mother was now a great mess!

"Parth this is the ninth time you have spill that.. I am sorry that I thought of teaching you something.. You just give it to me.. I'll do it.." I said getting off the counter and stepping in between him and the mess that he had created.

"No no no no!" he stopped me by spreading his arm and blocking my way, "Madam, expert is at work! I will serve you the best chocolate cake in the whole wide world.." he said spreading his arms wide feeling like a 'master chef'.

"Nahi please ! Mujhe nahi khaana cake, hato I will do.." I pushed his arm aside and made my way but was soon lifted up by a pair of strong arms and placed upon the kitchen counter.

"Sit there" He said as he indulged himself into mixing the batter, "and watch me."

"Parth Mom dekhegi na toh dono ko ghar se bahar nikaal degi" I cribbed looking around the messy kitchen, chocolate spread on the floor, flour could be clearly visible on the cream colored floor tiles, everything was a mess!

"Arre main sab clean kar doonga.. You just wait till I bake the world's best cake ever!" He said feeling already like a 'master chef'.
I was sitting on the kitchen counter because he wouldn't let me move. Why did I think of teaching him something! Ugh! At every step he would either spill something or break something. "Parth aaj toh hum for surely vapas Mumbai jaa rahe hai or Pune" I said looking at him.

"Kyun?" He asked while he was still busy whipping the batter.

"Look around yourself.. Mom nikaal degi ghar se bahar dono ko"

"Done!" He said suddenly, flashing his teeth at me.

"Done?" I asked with relief.

"Haan done! Now we'll bake it!" He said excitedly as he moved to the oven and put the cake batter into it.

Finally the torture was over! Though I had no clue as to how that cake would taste, but finally he was done messing up with my mother's kitchen. "Finally!" I said smiling wide. I took the nutella jar that he had used for the mixture and putting my finger into it took out a lump of chocolaty nutella and stuffed it into my mouth. He came and stood in front of me, leaning over the counter, he brought his face close to mine and licked the chocolate that was stuck onto my lips. He moved away when he was done licking the chocolate and sucking the life out of my lips.

"That's how I love nutella, we'll always have it that way" he said moving just an inch away from my mouth.

"But then you won't get more of it..." I said playing along.

"Well if not nutella, I'll get more of you" saying that he pressed his lips against mine again and grabbed my waist pulling me closer. Well he wouldn't miss any chance would he? Not even in the kitchen would he spare me. But I always enjoyed this side of him. Even after sitting on the kitchen counter, I didn't meet his height. Things that were already spilled over the counter were pushed off it. I didn't care about any broken utensil then, I was enjoying my type of desert and he was enjoying his only meal. We wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for the timer that he had put for the cake. He broke the kiss and went to take out his world famous cake out of the oven.