The Guy So Tall

"You are late Parth! How much more time will you take?"

It was 10.30 in the morning. I had reached the studio sharp at 10 but this guy.. My co-actor was no where to be seen there. I was told that the look-test will happen somewhere around 11am because my 'hero' was stuck in traffic.

"What traffic would there be at this hour on a Sunday morning?"

I was walking back and forth outside the studio while talking to Brsha.

"Sweety there is traffic, he'll be there wait at least."

"Wait!? I've been here since.." I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I turned back and a guy told me that my co-actor had reached.

"Since..? Hello?"

"Umm.. I gotta go, he's here so bbye!"

"Best of luck! Go kill it! Bye!"saying this she cut the call and I went inside the studio wondering when did he come? Not that I have seen him or I recognize him but I was outside the studio and I didn't see anyone walking in.. Maybe he went in when I had my back towards the door.

Walking inside the audition room I saw the woman who had taken my audition and those three men sitting next to her. I was full prepared, all my lines, learnt up! As I went further, I saw this tall guy. So tall. His back facing towards me. He was so tall. Or maybe I was so short but either ways, our heights..

"How the hell will I romance this Eiffel Tower?" I said to myself, amused.

"Niti" said the woman over there " this is Parth Samthaan." As she took his name he turned and I finally saw the face that I had to fall in love with.. Well, at least my character did.
"Hello, Hi... I'm Parth Samthaan and you are..?
"Niti taylor.."
"Parth, Niti I guess you guys should rehearse a bit before we take your final audition. So go, get going, get to know each other a bit, and rehearse your lines properly."
"Okay" we both said at the same time.
We were just leaving the room when she stopped us again.. "And one more thing, more than your individual lines, work on your chemistry because we've seen you both doing great as individuals.. What we need is a nice, fresh and new romantic feeling for the viewers. So just try, let see what all you can do in just thirty minutes. Get going now.."and we left that room.
"So.. Hi" he said.
"Hi." I said. There was some kind of awkwardness there, I don't know why but it was.
"Let's just get done with this look-test? We can get to know each other later, right?"
"Right." Well I too wanted to get done with this, I don't know what happened and why was this awkwardness there but this definitely wasn't good.
To be honest, I'm the kind of person that gels up with people too soon. And I talk. A lot. But around him, it was too uncomfortable maybe..
Leaving all that aside we started practicing. We did a few scenes that were written on the script that we had. Soon we were called in again.

"Aaaannnd cut! That was some chemistry you two!" Said the man who, I think, was the director of the show.
"Parth and Niti, really good! Impressive! You guys just met for the first time, right?"
Asked the woman again.
"Yeahh.." I said.
"Well it was as if you guys really know each other so much! This was something really good and something that I wanted the the main leads to have between them. You did absolutely fine and I'm sure you'll great with time."
"Does that mean that.." Excitement level raising yet again!
"Yes, you both at finalized as Manik and Nandini. Our main leads for the show Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan. I am Richa Yamini, the writer of the show." She came forward and shook hands with the both of us congratulated us.
Then the other men came forward one by one and introduced themselves.
"We'll soon let you know about the shooting schedule" said the producer.
Out of the three one was Shashank Sir, the director. One by one they left and soon it was me and Parth left there. There was something about that guy, something.. That I couldn't figure out.
"Congratulations Manik! Oh.. I mean Parth.."
"Hahaha to you too Nandini!" He smiled.
"Okay then, see you soon at shooting!"
"Yeah.. See you soon." I smiled back at him.
We both left and went our own ways.