The First Day

*On the set*

I arrived at sets on time today. Luckily I found no traffic. I parked my car, a pearl white Honda city, outside the studio and walked in. There were a lot of people, the lights were being put up, cameras everywhere. People rushing from here to there, everything happening so fast.
From a distance I could see my director, Shashank Sir, so I went to him, greeted him.

"Parth why don't you go to the others until we get the shot ready.. Yeah?"
"Others? Are the other actors already here? Maine kisiko.. I didn't see anyone else around." Was I again late? I thought.
"Haan they all are in the vanity, they came before time so they're just talking.." He said.
"Okay.."
So I went outside again and there I saw this long, big and white vanity. I went closer and the door was closed.. I could here girls laughing and maybe I heard a guy talk too. I knocked the door and entered in.

"Whaa.. Charlie? Ayaz? You guys!?"
"Paaarthhhhhh! Kaisa haiii? Long time mann" said Ayaz.
"Hi Parth, how are you yaaar! Its been so long since BFF's. Where do you vanish?" Charlie and I had already worked together for a show that aired on Channel V, Best Friends Forever. Though I didn't spent much time in that show because my role as the lead was short and got over pretty soon. Ayaz and I, we too had worked together for an episode of Pyar Tune Kya Kiya. The very first episode of the series.
So one thing confirmed, I wasn't going to be alien to these sets. Thank god I knew people already.

"Come on in, meet the rest.." Charlie pulled me inside the vanity and there I saw her again. She was sitting right in front of me. She looked back at me and we exchanged smiles, fake though..I thought.

Later on I met the entire cast that was present there. There was Utkarsh, Krissann, and two other senior actors, who were going to be Nandini's chacha chachi, I guessed from what I had read in the script sent to me yesterday and there was this guy, Steve, the youngest amongst all and he was to be Nandini's brother, Rishab. I shook hands with everyone and introduced myself but there was one whom I didn't shake hands with. Yes of course, Niti. Why? Because I had already met her, I didn't have introduce myself to her.
"Parth, that's Niti." Charlie said that because I didn't talk even once to Niti since I had entered that vanity.
"Yeah, I know.. We've met already."
"Met already? Where? I thought Ayaz and me were the only ones who knew here phele se..?"
"We met before for our look-test. We were to give an audition to see how we'll look as a couple on screen." I looked at Niti, she didn't look back. She was so engraved in her script I guess. But either ways, I didn't want any issue already so..
"Hi Niti. How are you?" I said.
"Hey. I'm good and you?"
"I'm good too." And thats it. She smiled at me and went back to her script. But the expression that she gave.. I couldn't make out whether she was still mad about that day or she thought she was too silly to be upset on such stupid stuff and she had let that go? I couldn't read her expressions.

Everyone was busy in reading their scripts but the Fab5 couldn't find their part in it. Flipping through the pages we found it in the last. Just one scene.
Soon we were called back to the shot and told that we will be shooting the last part first.
"Guys we have decided to shoot the last part of this episode first because then the Fab5 have no scenes for 2-3 episodes so we might give you guys an off. And Niti would be shooting with the other Murthy's." said our creative director.
"An off already? Ahaha! This is fun." Ayaz said it in my ear.
"Yeah bro, abhi toh shooting start bhi nahi hui."
"Okay so, go through your lines again we'll be starting in 2 minutes. First scene for the Murthy's."

The Murthy's were Nandini, her brother and her chacha chachi. So they went for their shot and the rest of us, 'Fab5' were told to wait because next was our scene.

"Fab5, your entry now.." It was our call.
The scene was like, Fab5's jeep met with a tiny accident with the bus in which the Murthy's were traveling. And then we kick the jeep one by one and take our instruments and walk away. None of our faces were to be shown. Pretty easy.

The only thing that got to me was, I had a 6-8 second scene with Niti.

*I cannot provide the whole details of the scene here.. We all already know how it was like so please fill in the minute details. And do drop in comments about this part! :)*