Let bygones be bygones...

I tossed left and right on the bed. I couldn't sleep at all even though I was sleep deprived. I was so used to Parth's arms and his warm embrace and the sound of his beating heart in my ears that I couldn't sleep without him. I looked at my phone, it was 12.30am. "Huh, kya karoon!!" I tossed and turned wanting to find a comfortable position but I couldn't. Not that the bed was uncomfortable, I wanted Parth's arms to sleep in. That guy had literally left me incapable of doing anything without him, spoiling me in every best way that he could.

After a few more rounds of tossing and turning I got up from the bed and left the room. I dashed straight into Parth's bedroom. He had left the door open. "Ye dekho janab ghode bech kar so rahein hai" I saw him sleeping peacefully, with his arms spread wide open. I closed the door behind me and crept in the bed. I lay next to him, my head on his arm and arms wrapping his body. I felt him moving, I woke him up.

"Niti, what are you doing here?" He hadn't even opened his eyes and yet he knew it was me. Obviously, who else would it be.

"I couldn't sleep there alone." I said.

"Huh? Why? Isn't the bed comfortable for you?" He finally opened his eyes and asked me.

"Nooo! No bed is comfortable for me now without you in it. Thanks for spoiling me Mr. Parth Samthaan!" I gave him a sarcastic smile. He instantly wrapped his arms around me pushing me close to his chest just like he did always.

Suddenly I didn't want to sleep anymore. "Parthhhh don't sleep na!" I shook him when I found him sleeping again.

"Yaar let me sleep I'm tired!" He turned to his other side removing his arms from me.

"PARTH!" I sat up shouting and crossed my arms. He saw me do that and pulled my arm and again placed me where I loved to be. I removed my face from his chest and looked at him, he was already looking at me.

"Parth.. Tumse ek baat poochu?" I don't know how many times I might have stammered while I completed that sentence.

"Haan poocho" he said as his fingers caressed my cheeks.

"Parth.. Kya hua tha.. Past mein tumhare sath? I mean.. Is there something I should know? Was there someone I should know about?" I gathered so much of courage before asking this to him. The words of his mother echoed in my head that how broken and miserable he was. I had thought of not asking him about this but then I wanted to know what had caused him so much pain! Or maybe.. Who had caused him so much pain that was clearly visible in his mother's eyes as she spoke of it.

The colour of his face suddenly changed from normal to red. He was angry, I could sense it. "I don't want to talk about this Niti please. Just go back to sleep." He pushed me away from him opening his arms and moving me out of them. "Please just go and sleep in your room, we have to leave early tomorrow."saying this he again turned to his other side. His back faced my front.

"Accha sorry, I'm sorry, I won't ever ask you about this again. I'm sorry Parth." I put my hand on his shoulder and spoke in an apologetic tone. I shouldn't have asked him. Aunty told me how much pain it caused him. How could I give him pain all over again just because I wanted to know about it. I felt miserable about myself. "Parth I'm sorry na pleaseeee, please look at me varna how will I sleep you know I need you!" I tried to make him feel a little better.
He finally turned around and looked at me. "Niti I know mom talked about it to you when I was inside my room. I saw her wiping her tears when I came out. That was my past Niti. I don't want it to think about it, let alone talking. Please. I know you think you should know about it and I think that too but just right now, I don't want to talk about HER. For now all you should know is that I LOVE YOU. And nothing that happened in the past or nothing that will happen in the future will change it." He looked at my face for an answer. He loved me and that's all I should be caring about. If he says he will tell me once he's ready then I know he will. He has been a man of his words and now I had to be patient enough to his past.