The DAY (Part 2)

"What!?" My eyes popped out almost falling off the sockets as I looked at him standing at my left.

"Marry me?? Pleasee!" he said helplessly. He didn't know what to say, what to do to keep me going on.

"PARTH!" I screamed widening my eyes even more and looking at him in irritation! This should have been the best moment of my life! Well after the baby birth, this was the only moment I was waiting for and when it finally happened, I responded that way. Ugh! Why does he have to screw things up!?

"Aaaaaah!" A sudden pain arose and I pushed for the last time giving all I had inside me! I couldn't even let his words sink in because I had no time to stop.

"I can see the crown, just almost there Niti.." said the doctor.. "Almost.. One more push!"

"Niti.. One more! Please!" Parth pressed my hand between his coming back to reality and I looked at him as I pushed for the final last time... Or so I thought.

"Here it is.." said the doctor smiling as she took the baby out of me from under the sheet, I couldn't even have a proper look at my baby because I knew it wasn't over yet. I felt Parth's grip lose on my hand. I was exhausted this one time but there was more to come. The doctor delicately handed the baby to the nurse, "Again.. Push! This one will be fast!"

"Again!?" Parth exclaimed getting back in his senses. He had lost himself at the sight of our new born. He was gazing at the baby as the doctor gave it to the nurse and he might have got lost in his thoughts if the doctor didn't give him a shock.. Or surprise..

"Tell her to push! She has to keep going!" said the doctor again to Parth but he didn't say anything. He didn't do anything, he was just sitting there besides me, holding my hand tight again and lost.

"What? We have two babies?" he looked at me and then at the doctor in amazement.

"Parth!!! Ugh! Shut up!"

"No! Push! Again.. We are having twins! Push Niti! Once more, just one more time! Yes!" his eyes glistened with sparkle and his face lit up. He kept on talking and telling me keep going. But I was losing it. I couldn't do it anymore. I had no power left in me to push further, I was drained! I felt the unconsciousness take over me.. I stopped pushing further. I couldn't take the pain anymore..

"I... I.. Can't .. I can't.." I said panting in a weak voice.. I lay there so weak like I was dying.

"No! Niti.. No please no!" He said squeezing my hand between his. "Don't please.. Don't give up.. We're almost there.. Please Niti.. Please.." he brushed my hair with his hand and caressed my forehead, "Please.. For you, for the baby.. Niti. For US.. Just one more time!" I lay lifeless on the bed, and I would not have tried again because there was nothing left in me but it was for him. I saw his face, his eyes, his love for our baby, his want for it..

"Don't give up now.. Niti please.." I heard the doctor's voice.

"Uugggghhhh!" I screamed as I pushed one final time, once again I put in all the power that I could collect from inside me to push out another soul.

"Yes.. Almost there.. I see the head again.." she said looking under the cloth that covered me.

"Niti.. Come on! Yes! One last time!" said Parth.

I pushed again, for the final time.. I clutched Parth's hand tightly in my hand stopping his blood circulation there with my tight grip and put in all the efforts and strength that I had.

"Here.. Finally the baby..!" said the doctor in relief. Phew! It was done! Over! The hours of long labour pain was over! I could feel my stomach squeeze back to being flat as the life inside me came out. I tried to move my head a bit to have a look at my baby but with no power left inside me, I couldn't move. I kept lying on the bed as the doctor did the other necessities. I was losing my consciousness, I titled my head a bit to look at Parth and I found him looking back at me, smiling, maybe crying a tear or two. The nurse had taken both our babies for the cleaning up. I was looking at Parth, shedding tears, a lot of tears as slowly my view started blurring and I fell into the pit of unconsciousness.