Finding You

1 day ago..
Delhi

"How long have you been pregnant for?"asked the doctor.

"Over a month now." I said.

Mom had forced me into seeing a doctor because I hadn't been keeping well. But isn't that obvious? Anyways, she had asked di to take me to the gynecologist for a regular check-up.

"Have you been distressed lately? Haven't you been taking a lot of rest?"she asked. Obviously, why wouldn't she? That man had left me incapable to sleep alone at night and I couldn't possibly be stress free with whatever had been happening in my life. No matter how hard I tried I ended up wasting my tears for him. UGH. "Excuse me..? Mrs..?" I was lost in my thoughts and forgot to answer her.

"Samthaan!" My sister instantly replied back. Like what!? Mrs Samthaan? I swear I would have stabbed her right there if she wouldn't have been my sister. Like my sister didn't get it at all. She said that.. 'Niti main jaanti hu, tera Parth.. Aayega.. dekhna tu' in the most dramatic way that she could. I wanted to forget him, but she wouldn't let him off my brain!

"Aao!" I stomped her feet with mine.

"Is there a problem?"asked the doctor.

"No, not at all. We're fine!" I said giving a sarcastic smile to my annoying sister.

"Okay.. See Mrs. Samthaan, you do not have to take stress at any stage of your pregnancy. You have to stay happy, that'll help the baby get good vibes. Whatever stresses you please let that go." I lost her at Mrs. Samthaan. I didn't hear what she said and kept nodding in a yes. My brain went on tour back to the most amazing months of my life and stopped at the most pathetic days. Everything came rushing to mind. Him.

"Are you listening to what I am saying?"she said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, yes... I am." I said.

"Are you really married young lady?"asked the doctor woman all of a sudden. What should I say? Yes? No? My sister had already declared me as a 'Mrs' but I couldn't possibly lie to my doctor. She should know the reason behind the stress and lack of sleep! And you never lie to your doctor..

"Of course! What a silly question doctor! I just addressed her as 'Mrs. Samthaan'." And my sister had to speak. Sometimes I really wondered was she even 25? She was worse than a 5 year old! Worse than Parth sometimes, like really.

"What is your problem!?" I muttered pulling her close to me.

"Nah.. I asked because you're too young, look at you, what are you... 20? 21?"asked the doctor.

"21." I replied.

"Where is your husband?" Okay I so wanted to answer this. I so wanted to tell her that.. One, I don't have a f***ing husband. Two, I was left impregnated by my boyfriend, of whom I have no clue now! But.. My sister had to poke in again.

"He's.. He's a very busy person! He's out for a tour, he'll be back soon."said my sister.

After a few more questions about my health she prescribed me some medicines and told me all the precautions I had to take. We soon left the doctor's cabin after the 'thank you so much' session.

----

"Di like seriously! Mrs. Samthaan!? Off on a tour!? Like really aur kuch nahi mila!?" I literally screamed at her as we left the hospital.

"Toh aur kya bolti? Tu ban sacchai ki devi and go tell the whole world about you being..."she lowered her tone "pregnant without getting married and on top of that you left the father of the baby."