The Monster is Real

I stood still, frozen, zapped in that moment. It was him. HIM. He was standing there behind me, holding me. I couldn't get control of myself, everything went still for me. "Are.. You..? You.. For real?" I literally stammered while I said that. My brain was fighting my heart.. 'Should I cry? Should I be happy? Should I kiss him? Should I slap him?' I wasn't in my control anymore, all I could do was just stare at the mirror at the person behind me. It was him. He was here. Was I hallucinating?

He turned me around and grabbed my waist even tighter like he would never leave it again. "I've missed you so much." He whispered in my ears. My brain was instructing me to get away from his touch but I was frozen there.

Silent tears came trembling down my cheeks. I was just looking at his face. Oh, how I had missed those eyes looking back at me, that smile, those lips. The only thing I could feel was his proximity and his hand on my waist. The other hand he used to wipe off my flowing tears but would they stop!? His arms around me, holding me like they did. "Am I dreaming?" I said again. I wasn't still able to believe whether it was him or not. I thought I was hallucinating. I had been sleep deprived, weak, mentally and physically and I thought it was my imagination! But why all of a sudden? Why now? Why this day? My mind was busy having a quiz with my heart.

"I am here. For real. For the both of you." As he said that his hand moved from my waist and touched my belly. "For my princess and her mommy." His eyes lightened up and his smile was gentle. I couldn't move my eyes from him. It had been two weeks almost and I hadn't seen him once, I wanted to just keep looking at him and lock his face in my eyes forever.
He then bent down and held my waist with both his hands. "Did you miss your daddy princess?" He was talking to the baby! A faint smile took over on my lips. "Well daddy you missed a lot! I'm sorry to keep you waiting baby.." I didn't know what I was doing but my hands moved from my side and cupped his face. He looked back at me, smiling and I smiled back. It was like I wanted the time to stop. I wanted to seal this moment forever. I didn't want for my brain to work anymore. Whatever my heart was doing, felt so good. Tears didn't stop flowing even for a moment. He then looked back at my belly, and touched it with his lips, dropping a light kiss. "Daddy won't ever leave you again princess. Not you, not your mommy."saying that he stood up again, my personal Eiffel Tower.

"Why are you still crying? I'm here now. I'm here for real!" He said. Cupping my face, he wiped the tears away but they were replaced by the Niagara falls in my eyes.

"You're here?" I was suddenly brought back to my senses (thanks brain). He was here. But why? After all he did he still had the guts to come back!? And why after two bloody weeks!

"Niti I kn.." I stepped back removing his hands from my face and wiped my tears away.

"Why are you here?" Well my brain was back in action and I was reminded that how much I hated him. I crossed my arms across my chest and turned away so that I wouldn't have to see his face.

"Like seriously? Tum yaha ho toh main bhi yehi rahunga na.. Where are your brains?" He said in a dramatic playful way. But, I wasn't up for play or drama here.

"Parth just.." I turned to look at him when suddenly the door of my room was banged hard.

"Nitiii! What are you doing! They are here! Get ready soon I'll send your sister for you." It was my mother banging the door. Tushar and his family had reached and I had to go downstairs.

"Haan mumma okay!" I said and waited till I heard her go down the stairs.

I looked back at Parth who was actually checking me out. It was then when I realized that I was standing in front that jerk all this while wearing a half draped sari. He really had the power to stop my brain from functioning. UGH. I bent down and picked up the other half of the sari that was on the floor and covered my self up, though it wasn't yet a 'draped' sari but at least it covered my body that was earlier exposed to him.