The Kiss

Three months ago..

"A what!?"

"A kiss. That's it. It'll be plain and simple and gentle. You'll be done with it in seconds. And please you guys whatever you have, whatever differences and issues, please don't let them affect your work."Saying that Richa, our creative head, left the vanity leaving me and Niti alone.

"Are you okay?" I asked her seeing those scared expressions on her face.

"A kiss Parth." she said looking at me.

"Yeah, she said it'll be done quick. Are you not comfortable with it still..? Two months had passed since we started seeing each other, secretly though.

"I don't know, I don't know how to kiss.. maybe, I haven't... pehle kabhi nahi kiya kiss maine." I laughed at her innocence. She gave me a stare.

"Vaise toh badi daredevil banti ghoomti ho tum, ek chota sa kiss scared you? I haven't even kissed you yet." I laughed again.

"I don't have any experience in all this stuff and what if I mess it up in front of everyone! And kissing you for the first time and messing it all up! I didn't imagine my first kiss to be like this!" she got up and starting walking to and fro in the small vanity.

I held her hand and she stopped at once. I got from the sofa I was sitting on and put my hands on her tiny shoulders.

"Relax. Its just me. And vaise bhi the script says you don't have to do anything. Just stand still till I enjoy my part of the kiss." I smiled from the side of my lips and her cheeks turned red.

After turning red as a tomato she finally looked up into my eyes.

"Its YOU. That is why I wanted our first kiss to be perfect! I know thoda filmy sound karega but really, every girl wants her first kiss to be a perfect and a private moment. I want it to be just the two of us and if then I mess up" she frowned and then the same moment looked at me and said.. "I'm sure you won't mind trying again.. " Her lips curved into a broad smile.

"If that's what you want.." I removed my hand from her shoulder and lifted it up to touch her lips. They were soft and pink and just the perfect pair of lips I would love to kiss. I moved my hand over them, caressing them, my fingers loved the soft touch of them "..we can rehearse for it, just now."I said that in a whisper and moved my head closer to hers. She stepped back.

"Parth! Contol okay?" she pushed me back gently by my shoulders. Her tomato red face couldn't turn anymore redder that it was. I smiled.

"We have to actually go shoot a 'kiss' right now.. so.." she opened and door and went out. I followed.

"Are you ready? This should be done in one shot! So just get yourselves ready." said our director.

"Are you still nervous?" I said in a tone no one else could hear because we were already standing close to each other.

"I don't know.. I will mess it up, It just needs one perfect take!" she was freaking out.

"If you.. only if you want.. I could... you know.. set the mood for you. Then it won't be uncomfortable for you." I tried to ease her tension and teased her.

"Shut up." she blushed. She blushed a lot! I didn't know that until this day.

"Accha on a serious note.."

"Ready?" I was about to say a very important thing to her and our director interrupted me.

"Just a minute!" I said to him.

"Haan so I was saying that, on a serious note, relax! Its just me. Think of no one else. Imagine that its just the two of us here and it's the perfect day you wanted. Okay?" she looked at me and didn't move her eyes off me while I told her all that. "Okay?"

"Okay." she smiled shyly.

"AND ACTION!"

The song 'zehnaseeb' started playing in the background.

It was not Parth but Manik who was expressing his feelings to Nandini.

I held her hands for few seconds and then they started traveling up her arms. I could feel her get goosebumps. I could feel them under my hands. After covering the path of her arms my hands reached her cheeks through her neck and stopped there cupping her cute and beautiful face in them.

She looked at me, her eyes filled with love. It was then when I didn't know whether she was Nandini or Niti. And I didn't care to understand because then I was not Manik anymore.

I lifted her face, still cupped in my hands, and kissed her on the forehead. Her skin felt so soft on my lips, softer than it felt on my hands, I lost myself when my lips touched her skin. She closed her eyes slowly and I dropped a kiss with all the care and gentleness, on the top of her eyes. Gently moving her face I kissed her on her cheeks and I felt her hand's grip growing tighter around my waist. It was now that I my lips found her lips. It was now that my lips experienced the softness of her lips that only my fingers had earlier.

To my surprise and shock, she kissed me back. It wasn't what the script said. She was not supposed to kiss me back but she did. Even Niti lost hold of Nandini. Our head angled oppositely, moving left and right. It was slow. I could no longer hear anything else but our hearts beating faster with every passing second. The music that was played seemed to stop. I could feel nothing but her. I felt her hands going up my back and reaching up to my neck. She rested on hand on my neck and the other went a little more up and reached my hair with her fingers dug in them. We kissed. It was slow and beautiful.

"CUTT!" We were startled and broke our kiss on hearing our director shout loud.

"Superb! You guys! Amazing! Such improvisations..! Where do you get ideas from!?" He patted our backs and called for a pack up.

I looked a Niti. I was wrong. She could redder than a tomato. She was blushing so bad and looking so beautiful. She wore nothing but a normal sky blue kurti which settled on her tiny frame with thin straps on her shoulders and a white legging. But it was not what her body wore, it was what her face wore. A blush so bright, a smile so wide. Her eyes were constantly fixed on the ground below.

"So.." I stepped closer to her and was just about to say more when I was interrupted by the rest of the cast.

"WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! You guys!" Charlie came running towards us.

"That was SOMETHING!" said Krissan.

Niti looked up for the first time after the scene got over and tried to control her blush and smile as she saw them coming towards her.

"This scene will be a cracker! Repeat pe chalega ye har ghar ke har phone pe!" laughed Ayaz.

"Kya baat hai guys! But seriously, ek baat batao.. Was it just MaNan or thoda PaNi jaag gaya beech mein?" Charlie always teased us. They all broke into a loud laugh leaving the both of us embarrassed.

PaNi. Parth and Niti, was the name or should I say the 'shipping' name that was given to us by the fans. Although we never showed anyone but rumor had it that Niti and I, had something going on. We did for sure but we wanted it to private and we wanted to be stronger before we made any statement of such kind. But, fans being fans, paired us together. It wasn't hidden that earlier me and Niti were not so fond of each other but as time passed and as we gave away the misunderstandings, rumors spread. Even before we confessed our feelings, for the world, we already were in love!

"Accha bus, It was MaNan only. Scene tha, kar diya. Abhi ghar jaana hai." Niti finally spoke to them and looked at me. Just a glance!

"Haan haan okay, vaise bhi humara packup kabka ho gaya tha.. hum toh tumhara 'KISS' dekhne ke liye ruke the!" saying this Ayaz ran for his life and Niti chased him.

"Accha sorry sorry!" he said, still laughing.

"Okay bye guys, kal milte hai.." Everyone said their bye's. Just when I was getting some alone time with her again.. Utkarsh came back.

"Niti.. tujhe drop kardoon? Ghar?"

Even before she could answer I jumped in.

"Main kar doonga! Tu ja." I knew she was staring at me and I knew I was about to get a nice lecture but I could not let the girl, I am dating, and whom I had just kissed, for the first time go with anyone else! Not now at least.

"Haann haan Uttu! Vo chodhega usko, tu aaja vapas." Ayaz, who was standing just a few steps away, giggled. I gave him a expression which he very well understood and turned back immediately.

After they all had left and we had changed into our clothes, I went and waited outside her vanity. She came out smiling.

"Why are you smiling..?" She was startled to see me outside the vanity.

Her smile widened.

"Did I just interrupt your thoughts?"

"Thoughts? What thoughts?"

"The ones which have got you so pink. You're blushing." I said and took her hand into mine.

She jerked it away. We were not supposed to be touching each other publicly, except when we were Manik and Nandini. So we walked together to my car and I drove her home.

NOTE TO READERS.
A longer part for you all. I am asked to update the story fast more often but guys its the fastest that I can. I have school to attend, studies to do and I have lots of exams lined up. I hope you'll understand. I write whenever I can. And thanks to all of you for loving my work! Writing was what I always wanted to do! Thank you. I hope I continue to be one of those in your reading list :)