The Broken Pieces

It had been over a week since I left Mumbai, I left everything, my friends, my work, my... Love. I had returned back to the place I belonged at, home, Delhi. The day I left home, dad broke all his relations with me. I knew I had hurt him a lot and I knew I could never heal the wound I gave him but it was surprise as well as a shocker for me.
When I came back, he welcomed me with open arms. I hugged my teddy bear papa and we both cried together. I had always been daddy's little princess. He had always treated me like a princess and had given me everything I asked for. Being the youngest at home, I was the most pampered child. My sister Radhika was 4 years elder to me.
I hadn't told anyone them about me returning back but everyone was happy to have me at home once again specially dad. He said he had forgiven me long back and that he wasn't upset anymore. He was just happy to have his daughter back home. I told them that I left Mumbai forever, that I was never leaving them again. My mother and my sister figured there was something wrong with me because they had known about my so called relationship with that man. But daddy was the happiest! It felt so good so see smiling faces around me. All that had been broken inside me, remained broken. I didn't try to heal it, I didn't want to because if I let the hurting this escape then I would have eventually forgotten whatever happened that night and I didn't want that. I didn't want to forget anything. I wanted to remember every harsh word that he had spoken for me, every bad thing he had said to me so that I am never able to forgive him. I didn't want to forgive him for what he had done to me, to us.

"Mom.. Di.. I'm pregnant." I was charged with heaps of questions by them as to why I left Mumbai, what had happened between me and Parth because the only reason for leaving the city could have been him. "What!?" They both said in unison. It was shocker for them, obviously. I told them whatever had happened with me, how that guy had humiliated me in front of everyone and how he had blamed me for everything.

"I was shattered mumma" I said as tears rolled down my cheeks, those uncontrollable tears. "Mumma usko mujhpe zara sa bhi trust nahi hai! He doesn't care about our child." I howled like a dog and placed my head on her laps. It felt so good to sleep in there. Her laps were even more comforting than his arms. She listened to everything very quietly as I narrated everything to her. "Mumma main kya karoongi? I left that place but I don't know what I will do, I didn't have anywhere else to go isliye I came back. I was afraid papa won't accept me but he did." I cried again remembering how I had hurt my father when I walked out of the house. It pained me a lot then, and it still did. I walked out of the house without his permission and yet he had accepted me back happily without asking me any questions.

I thought that my mother and my sister would shout and scream and blame me for everything what I had did but they didn't. They both accepted me as I was, me and my baby. "He didn't seem that way on the phone... I didn't know he could stoop to this level and what for? What was your fault? You could not live with a man who is so insecure and disgusting. Niti trust is on what love grows. If there's no trust, then no matter how much the person loves you, you cannot spent a lifetime together." My mother had been totally impressed by Parth and his sincerity towards me but after hearing what he had done, she was disgusted by him. "Its good that you left him. He doesn't deserve my princess... Has he tried to contact you?" I nodded in a no and cried digging my head in her laps. She comforted me and told me that a everything will be okay soon.

I was changed, everyone noticed at home. The girl who filled the house with her giggles didn't even smile properly now. The smile lingered on my face only when I was around dad. I didn't want him to get the slightest hint of my messed up life. I wanted to hide the truth from him for whatever time I could. Otherwise I would keep quite, sit in a corner of my room and weep all day long. I wouldn't interact much with anyone, I wouldn't let mom around me either because with her around I would feel sick about myself. I had done so many mistakes, I had come home pregnant by a man who didn't even bother to check whether I was dead or alive. I felt disgusting about myself to have fallen for a guy who didn't respect me.