Getting To Know Each Other

*Ringgggggg* rang the alarm! Oh so loud! I don't know why do I put ten alarms altogether! Ringing after every five minutes, they disturb my sleep. But that's what they ought to do right?

Yawing with my mouth open so wide I took picked up my phone that was ringing.. Or should I say singing a song. I had the song 'Payphone' or Maroon 5 as my alarm tone. I took the phone that was lying on the other side of my bed and shut the crazy alarm off! It was 10.30.. 

"10.30! Damn!" 

I woke up rushed the bathroom, brushed my teeth, bathed and did all the things I had to as fast as I could. I had forgotten about the date! 

"Wait.. Date!? Ms. Niti Taylor, let me remind you its just a 'getting to know each other' meeting. That's it. Not a date!" I thought to myself.

Well yesterday evening I had received a call from Richa ma'am. And she said
"Niti I want you and Parth to know each other a bit more.. Since you two are working together for the first time I'd want you guys to gel-up a bit. Go out, spend time, be friends with each other so that you don't have that awkwardness when you shoot. We need this pair to be the best! I've talked to Parth about the same and he said he'll call you up and fix the meeting and all. We will start shooting shortly because right now we are busy finalizing the other characters for the show. I hope you guys have fun." And she cut the call.
It was like I was forced to go with him. Not that Richa ma'am forced me.. But I couldn't yet get over that awkward moment we had.. What was it? Why was it? God knows.
Later in the evening I received a call again from an unknown number..
"Hello? Niti?" The voice on the other side spoke.
"Yes.. Speaking. Who is it?"
"Its Parth.. Parth Samthaan. Remember me?" And it was him.
"Of course.. I remember! Manik.. Haha!" I tried to joke around although this wasn't coming out as a joke.. It was foolish of me.
"Yeahhh.. Manik.. So I was thinking that Richa ma'am has talked to you right?"
"Right. She called earlier this afternoon."
"Yeah, cool. So I was thinking maybe we should go out and get to know each other.. Yeah? It could only help us make our performance better.."
"Yes. It will. I guess its a good idea... We should definitely meet up."
"Okay so when? When do we meet up..? Tomorrow?" mummaaa what was happening.. Meet up? Tomorrow? I know its all a professional matter but I never really had went out with a guy.. Ever! Back at Delhi, my parents were very protective about me and they never let me go out with guys alone. This was the first time I was going out with a guy, whom I was supposed to romance and who, I can't ignore, was tall as eff.
"Uh.. Niti? Are you there?" He broke my running thoughts.
"Ya ya tomorrow sounds perfect. Tomorrow 11 am? Juhu?"
"Juhu sounds good. Okay. Tomorrow 11am. See you then! Bye."
"By.." He cut the call even before I completed the sentence... That's really rude when a person does that.
The whole night I had been thinking why I was acting like a jerk. I had worked with male co-actors earlier too. And I have done some good work with them, no doubt. But why this time it was all 'hoooga-poooga' in my brain!?
"Niti Taylor, get a hold on yourself."
I said to myself. It was not like I was desperate for his attention or anything. t
There was no kind desperation in me, specially for him. No. We just met once. And I was not like this with anyone else but it was just him!! Ughh! I don't know why! The whole night I was thinking and thinking and thinking and that got me late in the morning.

"Its 11.00 already! Buck up babe!" I told myself. "Remember one thing Taylor, you cannot let some guy affect you in one meeting and that too in such a way that you go crazy about it. Just relax. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Be normal. Now shoot!"
I went outside my apartment, locked it up and went down stairs to look for an auto or a cab. An auto stopped by.. "Bhaiya juhu chaloge?" I hopped in.