Wedding Bells

"No not there.." said my sister.

"Then?"asked Tushar.

"Umm... Udaipur maybe?" said mom.

"Aaaaaahhh! Like the..."

"YJHD!" We both said in unison and laughed. Everyone looked at us and their hearts were wholly contented.
Tushar and I were viewed as the 'Perfect Couple' ever since. I remember when we were in school people used to tag him as my boyfriend even though we had no 'couplish' feelings but now that we were to get married soon, we couldn't let the comfort between us vanish. He knew it was an arrangement for me. He knew it wasn't because I wished for it. "Niti are you sure.. I mean I really like you and in fact I have loved you for years now and I am happy about all what's happening but I know you don't feel the same." He kept asking me again and again whether I wanted this or not and I did always tell him that I did. He was a sweet guy, a decent guy, never did he ever force me into anything. Well he had issues with my ex-boyfriend and he very well knew I was pregnant with his baby but he happily agreed to marry me just for the sake of my reputation. Where can you find a friend like that!? Why did di and Parth hate him so much?

"Haaaaaan, I've always wanted a wedding like that! Its so so so so so dreammyyy! I sighed in awe. But it wasn't Tushar who was on my mind, it was him. 'Chuck it! You hate him, remember.' Brain said.

Yep. Wedding plans were being made. The family astrologer had come home earlier that day and had fixed a date after 3 weeks. Mom said we couldn't possible delay it anymore while everyone else thought it was a little too early for that, but mom had them under control.

We were sitting in living room with Tushar's family. His lads were pretty rich, so a destination wedding wasn't a big deal for them and time was not at all an issue. They all agreed to our plan of going to Udaipur and immediately phone calls were made for all the arrangements and wedding cards. It was a proper BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING that was going to take place. Event managers, designers, make up artists, the best of best in the city were booked. I was trying to play cool there, like nothing that happened affected me, like yesterday was a dream. A bad dream, a good dream, a dream I loved living. But everything was affecting me. I wanted out of this affair mom had set up. I didn't know how to convince mom because she was right, I had to do this for myself but how could I possibly even think of marrying anyone else when the man I had loved immensely was back in my life! He came back for his baby and for me. How could I possibly ignore all of it?

"Niti.. Chal main chalta hu ab.. We'll leave in around a week for Udaipur, okay? So do your shopping and all abhi se he .. "

"Okay."

"Bye uncle, bye aunty." He said as he touched my parents feet and took their blessings.

"Bye Niti beta.. Acche se shopping karna and shaadi ka lehenga ke baare mein tum chinta mat karna.. Maine already tumhare liye design karvaya hai.. Bus apne measurements de dena." Said Tushar's mother.

"Okay Aunty." I said.

After they left, I simply walked back to room not waiting for mom to say anything. Dad never said anything to me.. He just smiled at me and I smiled back. My papa looked happy!
Walking up I thought about my life. The man I was marrying was not the one I loved and the man I actually had loved was in my room. I hadn't seen Parth since last night. I had told my sister to get me my clothes from my room because I didn't wish to see his face even. But right now, with everything going on, with all the discussions that happened sometime back, I wanted to see him. It was just an urge inside me, desperation for his glimpse. About last night he was the last face I would want to see on this planet but just now, my marriage was finally finalized for the final time. I was already broken inside, the wedding date was fixed. It was all set. The card would be distributed to everyone the coming week. It was like some pressed a fast forward button and everything seemed to be racing and I was losing myself. I needed to find myself and I knew, if not within me then within him I would have found myself. So I walked up to my room.