11

-Taylor POV-
"Thanks you. You guys have been amazing." Luke voice boomed through the bar. They disappeared off stage and another band walked on.

"I have to say." Jessica began. "They were pretty good. Not great but pretty good." We laughed at her comment. Well everyone but Lindsey.

"So Taylor what made you move to Australia?"

"Well my mom got a better job here and my therapists thought it would be a great way to move on." This is normally where a normal person would start crying or choking, but I'm not normal. Instead I started to show little emotions.

Lindsey narrowed her eyes. "What do you have to move on from?"

Mya spoke before I could explain. "Stop Lindsey."

"What?" Lindsey look over at Mya then back at me. "I'm only trying to get to know her. What's the problem?"

Mya and looked over at me with a worried look on their face that maybe Lindsey is crossing the line. I shook my head and put a smile on my face. "It's okay." I looked back over in Lindsey direction. "My father died 3 years ago. I had to have a therapist to deal with the whole thing then my mom moved here and here I am. In a bar listen to the band onstage play a Coldplay song talking to you." Mya and Jessica started to go on the way I was being sarcastic.

Just then the boys walked up to the table we was sitting at. "So...?" Michael asked putting his arm around Mya. "What did you think?"

"I think." Mya said speaking up first. "You guys was great." She quickly pecked Michael's lips.

"Great is not word to describe your performance." I said. "More like... amazing." All four boys lips pulled into a huge smile.

"How about we go to the diner?" Jessica said.

"Yes! I could use some of Aunt Rachael pie right now." Ashton said walking out of the bar. We followed.

Outside, the sun was gone and there was a pitch black sky but the street lights kept everything lit up pretty well. Everyone got in the car they came in and pulled out of the bar's parking lot. 5 minutes later we were in the parking lot for Aunt Rachael's Diner.

Walking in my mouth instantly began to water. I didn't realize how hunger I was until the smell of hamburgers, fries, and other delicious foods hit my nose.

We took a seat towards the back of the diner. I sat between Jessica and Ashton. Luke sat directly across from me between Lindsey and Mya. Michael and Calum sat at the ends. A lady with red hair and green eyes and pretty skin walk over to the table. I guess she somewhere between 35 and 45. "Do you want the usual?" She looked at everyone and her eyes landed on me. "I don't think I ever met you." She said with a smile.

I nodded my head. "I just moved her a couple of days ago. I'm Taylor."

"I'm Rachael. Nice to meet." She held out her hand and I shook it. "You are really pretty."

Lindsey mumbled something under her breath that I couldn't make out. I just smiled and said "Thank you."

"Well I am starving." Calum said taking the subject off me and making it about food. "Rachael, I'll take a nice big juicy hamburger with fries and a coke on the side. Oh and let me get a big slice of pumpkin pie. Don't be stingy with the whipped cream."

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Fat ass."

"Excuse me Jessica." Calum said getting offended. "A man has to get."

"Anyway" Ashton said continuing with the order. "The rest of us will take the usual." Rachael all of that down on her pad and walked away to get our food. Moments later she came back with food for everyone.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it my mom had text me.

From: Momma Dukes
I hope you remember you curfew.

I didn't realize it was almost 10:30. I text her letting her know I'll be home in a minute. "Sorry guys but I have to go."

"I'll take you home." I looked over to Luke. He flashed a smile. "Its the least I can do."

"Okay." Mya gave him the keys to her car since they were all going to meet up at Luke's anyway. We got into the car and drove off in the direction of my house. I reached for the radio. "I hope you don't mind."

He shook his head. "Not at all." Dear Maria blasted through the speakers.

"I love this song." I started to hum and do little dance moves to the song. "This was my favorite song for years."

"What?" Luke asked laughing. "You like this song?!"

"Absolutely love it. Used to play on repeat while I did my homework." He laughed again. "What's wrong with me liking this song."

"Nothing." He looked forward. "Its just looking at you I would've guess you like..."

"Rap, R&B." I said completing his sentence.

He took a quick glance at me. "Sorry I should've said nothing."

"Its cool. I get it all the time." He pulled into my driveway. "Guess this is my stop." There was a silence between us.

I reached for the door. "Taylor." I turned and met Luke's blue eyes. "Good night."

"Good night Luke." I got out of the car and walked into my house. I headed up the stairs and saw at the end of the hall the light in my mom's office was on. I walked that way. "Hey mom." She looked up from the stack of papers she was working on. "I am to bed."

"Okay." She stood up and walked over to me and put her arms around. "Good night sweetie."

I hugged her back. "Good night mom." She let go and went back to work. I turned and went to my room. I stripped out of the clothes and put some to sleep in on. The instant my head hit the pillow I was fast asleep.
______________________________
A/N
This was a filler chapter. One more bad chapter and we finally get to the good stuff. Vote and comment