56

-Taylor POV-
"There no way Dr. Shepard is cuter than Dr. Avery." We were arguing about the cutest doctor on Grey's Anatomy. "Have you seen Dr. Avery eyes?"

"Yes. Dr. Shepard is still cuter though."

"Maybe for old people."

"Ah. I am not old."

"Okay grandma." We laughed at that. It been a while since we spent just time just us.

Dr. Lewis walked in. "Hey ladies."

"Hey." We said in unison sounding like little kids

"I kinda think you two are twins." We laughed. "Anyway how are you Janet?"

"Great."

"And so is little Tyler." He wrote on his clipboard. "You two should be free to leave tomorrow."

"Thank you doctor."

"You're welcome. See later."

My mom turned to me. "Happy for us to come home?"

"Yeah. Mark is a great cook and all but he really isn't good on the whole motivation to write my speech."

"How is that going?"

"It's not." I looked down at my hand.

"Taylor. You give your speech in exactly two weeks." She said reminding me like I didn't know. "You don't want to get up there and look stupid."

"Don't worry I'm not."

There was a knock on the door. "Hello." Luke popped his head in. "Hey Janet. Taylor." Lindsey followed behind him.

"Hey Janet. Taylor."

"Lindsey."

"We wanted to bring you some baby gifts and flowers." Luke placed the stuff on the table next to my mom. "Also Lindsey wanted to ask some questions about the whole pregnancy and giving birth."

"I'll be happy to answer your questions." Lindsey pulled a chair up next to the bed.

"I'm going to go get some coffee." I left the room and went down to the cafeteria. I bought the coffee and a bag of chips.

I didn't want to go back to the room so I stand in the cafeteria. "Hi." I looked up and Luke was standing there like he had followed me. "I just want to say sorry about the other night."

"Sorry about what? You didn't hold a gun to my head and tell me to run."

"Still I feel like it my fau-"

"It's not." I got up. I had to get home so I could finish writing my speech.

"Taylor. Please talk to me." Luke stood in my way. "I just need to know why did you leave?"

"I left because I wanted coffee."

"No. London. Why did you leave London?"

I looked at Luke. This was a topic I wasn't comfortable talking about with Luke. "Um... I left because... I was.... Homesick. Yeah. I was homesick." I lied.

"Taylor."

"What? You asked me why I left."

"I know you, Taylor." Luke grabbed my hand. "Tell me the truth. Why did you leave London?"

I stared at our hands. "I... Left because..." I looked back at Luke. This was wrong. I yanked my hand back. "I was in the way." I told him honestly. "I was in the way."

"The way of what?"

"You. Lindsey. Your family." Images from London came into my head. "I was in the way and I had to leave."