51

-Taylor POV-

I woke up at 7 in the morning on Sunday. No it wasn't normal, I had just a got a text from Mariyah saying that she was at the airport waiting on Ashton. I grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower. I made the shower as hot as possible because I do my best thinking in the shower and I could really use some good thinking because I need to finish writing my speech. I stepped in the shower. "Ahhh." The hot water felt amazing on my skin. I grabbed the soap and applied it to my body.

"Maybe some things aren't suppose to happen

Maybe dreams are meant to be dreams.
Maybe we were just meant to be

A one night affair.

But how do you say goodbye to yesterday

When yesterday was everything was perfect. 
How do you just walk away from yesterday

When yesterday was all we every hope for."

"You have a beautiful voice." I peered out from behind the shower curtain. Shawn was leaning against the sink. Like I wasn't naked in the shower. "I didn't know you could sing."

"Yeah." This was awkward. "Um do you think we can finish this conversation another time?"

He gave me a confused look then looked at me again. "Oh. I'm sorry." He left. I quickly finished my shower. I went back in my room and grabbed my pursue and my phone and headed upstairs. Shawn was already there. "I'm sorry about the whole shower thing. I should have knock or... I didn't see anything by the way."

"It's alright." I said cutting him off. "Let's just forget it even happened. Please?" I grabbed an apple and headed towards the door. 

Unfortunately I bumped into the pregnant sergeant. "Where are you going?" 

"Out." 

My mom nodded her head and went to the coffee pot. "Morning Shawn." 

"Morning Janet." 

I rolled my eyes and started to make my way for the door again. "Taylor?"

"Yes mom?" I asked not turning around. 

"Why don't you take Shawn with you? I don't think he want to be in the house with me, his mom, and his brother all day. Give something fun to do." 

I let out a sigh. "Sure mom." I turned around and looked back at Shawn. "You coming?" He nodded his head and followed me out to my car. I didn't know exactly where I was going, I just wanted to get out of the house. "You can pick the station if you want." I said ending the silence between us. 

He messed with the radio for a second before picking a station. Nick Jonas was singing. "Do you know this song?"

I rolled my eyes. "Jealous by Nick Jonas. Everyone knows this song." 

"Then how come you don't know Stitches?" 

I shrugged my shoulder as I pulled into the Pet Store parking lot. I miss seeing Leah. I haven't seen her much lately because of my little drinking problem.  As soon as I walked into the Pet Store I could hear her barking. "Follow me." We walked to the back of the store where the dogs were. The little chocolate lab attacked me once she saw me. "Hey Layla." She jumped right into my arms. I was hoping to adopt her but after going shopping the other day I didn't have the funds to. "Hey baby girl." She started to run in circles. "Shawn this is Layla."

Shawn reached down to pet her. Leah slowly backed away from him. Leah is a shy pup and really didn't like new people. "It's okay." Shawn said moving slowly towards. "I won't hurt you." She looked at him then back at me, Leah brought her nose toward Shawn's head and sniffled it. After that she slowly let him touch her. "There you go girl." Soon she was playing with Shawn like she knew him her whole life. "Are you going to adopt her?"