32

-Luke POV-
"The beach." Taylor said as we walked along the shoreline. "Luke I been to the beach before. I know what it look like."

"I'm not showing you the beach stupid." We got closer and closer to it. "This..." We walked inside a cave. It was dark towards the back of the cave but with the sun setting it lit the front of the cave perfectly. "Is what I want to show you." She looked around. "I found it a couple years ago. I used to come here all the time to be alone or just to think." I sat down in the sand.

She sat next to me. We didn't say anything. We just sat there and enjoy the sun setting. "Me and my dad used to always watch the sunsets in our backyard." Taylor said after while.

"Really?"

"Yeah it was our little rituals." She started to laugh. "I remember so many times when my mom would finish dinner but we refuse to go in because we had to watch the sunset."

"I had something like that with my dad."

"Yeah?"

"Yep." I looked out in the beach. "But we used to watch the sunrise. That was until he left me and my mom to go live with his wife and kids."

"I'm sorry Luke."

"Its fine. Its just I never got to say goodbye." I fiddled with my fingers. "He never gave me the chance to. I just came home from school one day and he wasn't there. And I don't think he'll ever come back."

There was silence between us again. "The day my dad died..." Taylor started. "We got into a fight over something stupid. The last three words I told him was I hate you. I regret it ever morning I wake up. If wasn't so mad at him, maybe he wouldn't have gotten into that car then in the accident. Maybe if I would've listen he'll..." She took a deep breath. "He'll still be here."

"Its not your fault Taylor."

"I know it's not. Its the guy who ran the red light fault but somehow I feel as if its my fault."

"I'm pretty sure he knew how much you loved him regardless of what you said to him."

"I hope he did." Taylor took my hand into her hand and held it. A volt of electricity went through me. I stared at our hands then at her. I watch her as she watch the sunset. She was beautiful. Inside and out. I grabbed her hand tighter and watched the sunset too. 

****
"You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh, That's what makes you beautiful!" We sang obnoxiously as the song went off. We laughed at our goofiness. Finally we were back at her house. We walked up her front steps. "Thanks Luke."

"And what for?" I asked.

"For making me feel better. And actually getting out of the house for the first time in a week." We laughed. "Seriously. Thank you."

"No problem. That's what friends are for. Come here." I pulled into my chest. "I love you Taylor."

"I love you too Luke."

She pulled out of the hug and we stared at each other. I suddenly had an urge to kiss her. "Hey guys." Mark said from the door way. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah." I replied. My eyes never leaving Taylor. "Lots."

"That's good to hear." It seemed like me and Taylor was in the middle of an epic staring contest. "Well I guess I'll take you home now."

I nodded my head. "I'll see you tomorrow?" It came out more of a question then a statement.

"Yeah." She said nodding her head. "Good night Luke."

"Good night Taylor." She walked inside her house.

"Shall we get going?" I nodded my head and got into Mark's car.

The drive to my house was quiet and quick. He pulled into my driveway. "Good night Mark."

"Good night Luke." I went inside. My mom was asleep on the couch. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and made my way to my room. I stripped out of my clothes and changed into a T-shirt and some shorts. Once my head hit the pillow I was sleep.
______________________________
A/N
I updated in less than 24 hours!!!!!! This was a filler chapter. Good stuff coming ahead. Thanks for 1.76k reads. Love you guys 😘
-Your Sleepyhead 💕