49

-Taylor POV-
"You don't have to buy the same CD." Mariyah said nudging me. "I'm sure the boys appreciate your support but you don't need six of the same CDs." I stared down at the CD in my hand. It was the boys first official album. Every time I see it I buy one. I don't know why but I feel obligated to buy it. "Put the CD down Taylor and lets go."

I did as I was told, placing the CD back how I found it. "You're right. I don't need it. I do have five other copies at home."

"That what I been trying to tell you." She paid for her items and left out the store. I stayed there and stared at the CD. 

Something deep down told me to just walk away. That I helped the boys out enough. That I already bought five other CDs and that was good enough. But the other half of me shouted to buy the CD because what happens if the other CDs get messed up and I don't have this CD? I stood there and stared at the cover. Buying this CD was one of the only ways I could hear Luke's voice again. I took a deep breath and picked up the CD. I walked over to the cashier and paid for it, soon I caught up with Mariyah who was waiting outside the store. "Let me guess you bought the CD anyway?"

I nodded my head. "Damn its so hard to find stuff from you." 

"I know." She said laughing. "I be peeping shit out." We walked out to my car. "Do you want me to spend the night so when the stuff comes I can help you set up?" Mariyah asked getting into my car. 

"Sure. I mean I don't see why not." I started up the car. "I don't think my mom or Mark is going to be mad." As we drove, I turned on the radio. By some weird faith, Gotta Get Out by 5 Seconds of Summer came on. Mariyah eyed me as the first cords started to play. I stared straight ahead, determined not to let the song get the best of me. Then Luke started to sing and I can't lie, at that moment I wanted to ball my eyes out.

Mariyah quickly turned the radio off and stared at me. Probably looking for the right words to say but not finding anything. I pulled into my driveway. "Here we are." I announced breaking the silence.  I got out the car and marched through the front door. "I'm home. And I brought Mariyah." I yelled through the house. 

I heard muffles come home upstairs then Mark came down. "Hey you guys." 

"Hey Mark." Mariyah said from behind me. 

"I kinda invited her to stay so she can help me tomorrow when my stuff come. Hope that's okay."

"Yeah. Fine by me." I led Mariyah down towards the basement. "There leftover tacos if y'all want some." He called from behind us. 

"Okay." I took Mariyah down to my room. "Ta-da." I said making a grand gesture with my hands. "My new and improve room. What do you think?"

Mariyah took a look around. "It's a look bigger than your other room." I nodded my head in agreement. She sat down on my bed. "So."

"So." I said mimicking her. 

"How are you?" 

"Good." I said skipping over the meaning of the question. I grabbed a bag of clothes from the floor. "So glad I have a lot of closet space now. More room for more clothes." 

"Taylor." She grabbed my arm and sat me next to her. "I mean how are you?"

I looked away from her. "Honestly, I'm dying in the inside." I fiddled with my fingers. "I been trying so hard to forget that all I can do is remember. Remember I happy I was with Luke. The way he kissed me, held me, cared for me. I just..." I took a deep breath. "I don't know. Maybe it was for the best. I don't know. I just want him to be happy."

Mariyah grabbed my hands. "Can I tell you the truth? Luke was happy when he was with you. But like I said early you can't change the past. If it was meant to be then it would happen. But you have to give it time."

I nodded my head. Of course Mariyah was right. I mean she's always right. Mariyah phone buzzed. "Its Ashton." I nodded my head giving her the signal its okay to take the call. She walked out my room.

I sat there on my bed and looked around my room. Alone in the corner of my room was my guitar. I walked over to it and grabbed it. I sat there on the floor and strum random chords.

-Luke POV-
"Sir? Sir?" I looked up at the lady who was talking to me. "How about this ring?" She placed the diamond ring in front of me.

"It's beautiful. How much is it again?"

"17,456 dollars."

"What!?" I looked from the lady back to the ring. "Wow that's um, expensive for a ring this little."

"What did you expect? Its a diamond ring."  I looked at the lady than back at the ring. What was I doing?

Calum looked at me. "I think you need a break from ring shopping." He dragged me out of the ring store and out into the Miami air. "Luke?"

I closed my eyes. Why was finding a ring so hard and expensive? "I think I'm just going to buy the ring." I announced to Calum.

"What? Luke you can't be serious." He examined my face. "Luke are you even sure this is what you want to do? Marry Lindsey? Do you even love her?"

"Yes I love Taylor!" There was a pause and I realize what I said. "I mean Lindsey. I love Lindsey."

Calum looked at me. "Okay I get it. She having your child but you don't have to marry-"

"You're right. I don't." I said cutting him off. "But I want to. I want to marry Lindsey and raise our child together. I want to be there for him and her. So yes I want to marry her. I want to marry Taylor." Another pause and I realized what I said. "I mean I want to marry Lindsey."

Calum shook his head. "Luke I still don't think marry Lindsey is a good idea."

"I don't need you blessing Calum!" I shouted. I look at the ground and sighed. "Listen Cal all I need is you to just be there for me. Please."

He opened his mouth to protest than closed it again. "Okay. If that's what you want."

I nodded my head. "Thank you." I walked back to the ring store. "Hey can I get that diamond ring?"

********

Lindsey grabbed my hand as we walked down the pier. "That was so much fun. The carnival games, the cotton candy, everything." I nodded my head. I had taken her to the pier because it felt like the perfect place to get engaged. "Luke I completely get it if you feel obligated to be with me because of the baby. So I want to let you know you don't have be with me."

"That's what I want to talk to you about." We stopped walking. I turned her to face me. "Lindsey I don't feel obligated to be with you. I want to be with you. You are the girl of my dreams Lindsey. The girl I love and I...." I got down on one knee. "Would be honored to spend the rest of my life with you. So will you Lindsey McKenzie Heller marry me?" I opened the box that held the diamond ring.

"Oh my god!" Her hand cover her mouth. "Luke I don't know what to say."

"Say yes."

"Of course. Yes. I will marry you Luke." I took the ring and placed it on her finger. "Its beautiful." Lindsey pulled me up and kissed me. "I love you Luke."

"I love you too." I held her close to me. I thought of the last time I held Taylor in my arms three months ago. The way she smiled and laughd. The way her brown eyes sparkled when she said I love you. I closed my eyes and pushed the memory of Taylor away. She left and I'm marrying Lindsey. That's was that. We were over.
_________________________________________
A/N
I don't get why mom my won't just won't pay my phone bill!!!!! Anyway I'm sorry to have done this to Luke and Taylor but it have to be done. Please and vote and comment. I would love to get some feedback about the book. Love you guys
-Your Favorite💕